Chapter 4

'What the hell? Is this girl trying to piss me off? Just who does she think she is?'

Once again these questions fill Louis's head after a certain hybrid barged in on Haru and him in a very compromising position, and once again they remain unanswered. Louis was staring at where Katsumi once was before she took one look at the two and bolted. Louis could have sworn he saw her trying to mask a grin and hold in her laughter.

'Was she laughing at me?', Louis could feel as his face heating up.

"Well that certainly was unexpected, maybe I should stop doing this in the shed now that the gardening club seems to have another member," Haru spoke up, catching Louis off-guard, "One who apparently doesn't bother to text a girl, but whatever."

Louis watched as the white bunny got out of the bed and began to redress.

"She is so infuriating," Louis grumbled, mostly to himself.

Haru rolled her eyes at the teenager, "Don't you have somewhere to be anyway?"

Louis's eyes darted to Haru when she said that, and once what she said registered he quickly took a look at the time and cursed himself. He did have somewhere to be, his father wanted him home to have dinner and discuss somethings. Louis figured it was something about the business, or Azuki, or school, or how he isn't good enough and should be trying harder. The usual.

Louis began to get redressed as well and bid goodbye to his rabbit friend. He made his way to the front of the school where a driver would most likely be waiting for him to take him back home where he would get dressed appropriately for a meal with his father.

Once Louis made it to his home he thanked the driver and then went straight to his room to wait to be called down. He decided to wait to get changed until he finished his homework, which never really took long. He did his homework, scrolled through his phone, got dressed, and before he knew it he was being called down for supper. Louis took his seat at one end of the long dinner table and waited for his father to arrive and they could start.

Louis found it a tad odd that his father wanted to meet with him so suddenly, but he figured that finals week is just around the corner so Oguma must want to give Louis a lecture about how important it is to do better than his best and rank the highest. His father expects nothing but excellence from him, and Louis wants to give it to him--it's the least he can do as repayment for getting Louis out of the hellhole that is the back-alley market, but it does take quite a toll on Louis to have perfection be his minimum. Of course, he would never admit that.

Soon, Oguma approached the table wearing his usual scowl and business suit, "It's good to see you, son." he greeted Louis as he sat down.

"You as well, father."

"Do you know what we came here to discuss?"

"I assumed it had something to do with finals that are soon?" Louis answered his father.

"No, I trust that you have at least that much under control unless I'm mistaken." a strict voice corrected Louis.

"No, sir. You're not mistaken, everything is under control, yes." Louis quickly responded, hoping he squashed his father's doubts with his academic performance.

"That's great, but what I actually wanted to talk to you about is Kojima Daichi."

Louis looked at his father with widened eyes, he recognized that name as it belonged to the grandfather of Kojima Katsumi, a girl that he is less than pleased with at the moment. Louis waited for his father to go on.

"It seems that he found out his granddaughter is not deceased like was once thought and he thought it was a good idea to enroll her at Cherryton," Louis didn't dare interrupt him to tell him he already knew this much, "As I'm sure you already know," Louis sucked in a breath, hoping his father didn't develop the ability to read minds, "she is in your class. You two once were so close once, and despite her.........outward appearance, she is the heiress of 'Antlers and Co.', her grandfather's very successful company."