Camden, Mal & Benji

The elevator doors opened and I stepped onto the main floor again. By this time, I had gone back to the room and changed without being interrupted. I guess everyone could tell that it wasn't the time to be bugging me.

In all, this hotel had a workout room, indoor and outdoor pools (which I would not be going to), a mini restaurant, gift shop, and snack corner. Not a lot of amenities in my opinion.

I turn the corner into the lobby and see Camden standing up in a corner by the fireplace, reading a script passionately.

I lean against the wall out-of-sight and just watch him, seeing as he gets frustrated and tosses the script onto a chair and looking out the window, watching the rain.

A small voice whispered in my head to give him a chance.

And just as I was about to ignore it, he turns around and spots me, his face immediately brighten up like a kid in a candy store. "Hey," he says and waves me over.

I didn't want to be overly rude so I straightened myself out and walked over to him. "Wanna help?" He asks, looking at me eagerly.

Just give him a chance.

For once, I didn't feel like ignoring the little voice in my head.

"Sure," I smiled somewhat awkwardly and sat in the armchair across from him. "So, you want me to read lines or something?" I asked and he gave me the script. "Yeah, I've got it memorized."

"Julie, I've told you a million times, forget about it."

I found my spot on the page and read the line.

"Well I can't, I'm sorry." Then it said my character turns away in tears and holds back a sob.

Sounds familiar.

"I don't know what I can do to say how much I'm sorry." I heard him say and then I heard silence.

I looked up at him as he was supposed to read the next line but it seemed as if he were waiting for something.

"Something just doesn't seem right." He muttered and I looked down at the script.

His next line was "I just know how much I love you" and the girl was supposed to turn back and look at him, a tear streaming down her cheek.

"Maybe," I said. "You reach out to her and wipe the tear off her cheek?" I asked quietly, not sure if improvising was allowed.

"Like this?" He bent down in front of me and wiped my cheek softly with his thumb, and then brushed back a strand of hair behind my ear.

By this point, my heart was pounding because this was the moment where a kiss happens. And I didn't know if I was ready to go there again.

But suddenly we were interrupted by a pale, dripping wet Jameson.

"ALIYAH IS IN LABOR," he says super panicky and my eyes widen and I look around.

"Well where is she??" I ask and he has an 'oh-crap' expression. "Let's just forget about the person in labor herself," I hear groaning and I turn around to see Aliyah waddling with a towel wrapped around her.

"Call the ambulance," I tell the lady at the desk and she nods seriously, walking into the room behind the desk.

"Are you okay?" I ask her and she nods, sitting down in a chair.

"Yeah, I feel fine actually," she breathes deeply, resting her hands on her stomach. "Camden, go up with Jameson and help get Aliyah's luggage," I say and look up at him not moving. "Go!" I say and he springs into action, pulling Jameson behind him who is looking very nauseous.