Epilogue

THIRD PERSON’S POV

“Naku (Oh, no)! Sorry, Miss.” Because of an incident that happened long ago, a spark rise inside a man’s heart.

“Sorry rin (I’m sorry, too).” There came Marianne who was still on her normal life as an architecture student. Not wanting to hurt anybody, she came towards the man that bumped her and helped him get the books he dropped. “Mag-iingat ka naman sa susunod, Kuya,” she spoke in a friendly tone.

When her gaze dropped towards the man, she saw his round glasses and his height a little smaller than him. “Fred,” he spoke, his eyes captured by the beauty and kindness of the lady in front of her.

“Ha (What)?” asked Marianne.

“Ako nga pala si Frederico delos Santos (I’m Frederico delos Santos),” he uttered, waiting for his hand to be shook by hers. “But you can call me Fred. I’m from the College of Entrepreneurship”

Marianne took his hand and they both shook hands. She gave her a smile which was replied with a radiant smile by the boy. “I’m Marianne de Guzman, from Bachelor of Science in Architecture.”

From that faithful moment, he was captured by Marianne. He thought that she was the love of her life.

Shy as he was, he remained her lover, being with her most of the times like her body guard. As a photographer of their organization, he secretly took Marianne’s photos and pasted them on his wall.

A few years later, a window of opportunity entered Marianne’s life when she was asked to become a cast of a television series. That was the start of her life as a star.

“Marianne! Marianne, it’s me!” He huddled on the crowd, searching for the actress’ attention. Marianne was now on her third year on college, whereas Fred already graduated two years ago.

“Marianne, I love you!” He shouted, waving the banner he was holding with the picture of the young actress. He already created a fan club of his own who continued to support for her newly found career.

Another year passed and the pictures on the wall just became even more. Some even have edited pictures of Marianne being on a bikini suit and revealing dresses.

“Magiging akin ka rin, Marianne de Guzman (You will soon be mine, Marianne de Guzman),” he spoke with an evil grin on his face. “Mapapasaakin ka rin (You will be mine)!”

He put her gift that she would give to his idol. It was a set of fake nails, chocolates, and flowers. Even though he knew that it was not hard to approach her, he still hoped for the best.

He attended on the fan meets, hoping to give the gift but failed many times. He was about to give up when he met her again on the back stage.

“Miss Marianne,” he couldn’t say anything else because of the reason that he was consumed by his shyness.

Marianne saw the gift on his hand. She took it, assuming that it was for her. “Wow! Thank you!” She took the gift with her, being in haste because of the fear of getting late and being scolded by the bossy Jong.

Before she could even went away, a small bit of bravery went inside his tongue. “K-Kilala mo pa ba ako (Do you still remember who I am)?”