Chapter 18

Eighteen

---

Their sword countered each other, sending Minx and Kevin back a few steps. 

Krism spun her scythe, gaining energy. She swings at Kevin, slicing his forearm. He groans in pain as he clenches his arm. 

Kevin flings his sword at Krism but Minx tackles him before he was able to finish his blow. 

They wrestle at the edge of the rock. 

Krism grabs her dagger, trying to aim at Kevin. Everytime she thought she got a perfect angle, Minx would be turned to block Kevin. 

Kevin kicks Minx off of him, sending her rolling to the edge. Kevin quickly stood up. 

While Minx was dazed, Krism threw her dagger at Kevin but he dodged it, throwing his own dagger at Krism. Krism was too distracted by her dagger to dodge as the blade sliced the edge of her red eye. 

Kevin jumps on Minx, trying to strangle her down. Minx tried scratching his face but she could reach. She felt like she was going to flip and fall to her death inbetween the battle. 

"Pathetic! Little! Queen!" Kevin roared, pushing more weight on Minx. 

Krism regained her strength and tackles Kevin off of Minx. Minx gasps for air as she coughs. 

---

Krism punched Kevin but he punches back. 

Kevin noticed his dagger inches away from his reach. 

"You changed, dad!" Krism yelled, strangling Kevin. 

'Just a few inches. Come on' Kevin thought as his fingertips brushed the handle.

Minx stood up, raising her sword up with both her hands. 

"You've always been the same, Kristen." Kevin shouted, laughing. 

Krism tilted her head, confused. 

"Like what?" Krism dares to ask. Kevin snatches the dagger, clenching it with full power. 

"Brave." Kevin bluntly said. He jabs the dagger onto Krism's wounded thigh, causing her to scream in pain. 

Everyone from the ground stopped fighting and watched up above. A few people shouted their names for support. 

Kevin throws Krism across the rock platform, causing her to flip and roll out. Krism barely had enough time to grab the edge with her hand as she holds her bleeding thigh. 

"Kristen!" Minx yells, running over. Kevin grabs Minx from her neck, dragging her away. 

---

Krism tried climbing up but the pain was unbearable. She grabs her grappling gun and aims it up in the air. She shoots blankly, hoping for the best. 

The grappling hook lands on a crack in the platform. She began climbing. Inch-by-inch, she gets closer. 

Minx punches Kevin's gut with her elbow. He groans in pain as he tries dodging Minx's attacks. He throws multiple daggers at Minx. 

She gets sliced by a few of them around her arms and legs. Minx snatches one of them, using it as a weapon. 

Kevin was about to tackle Minx until Krism stepped forward. 

---

Kevin tackled Krism again, punching her. 

Krism's eyes glowed as her fangs grew larger and her body radiated heat. She sinks her sharp teeth on Kevin's leg, ripping flesh. 

Kevin shrieks in pain as Minx stabs his shoulder with her sword. Krism pushes him off as Minx forces him to stand. 

Krism limps upwards, ignoring the gushes of blood that drips from her thigh. Minx points her sword onto King Kevin's neck. 

"We can still stop and make peace." Minx mumbled, panting. 

Kevin chuckles. 

"Over my dead body." Kevin mumbled. He punches Minx, dazing her. 

He chokes her by pressing his arm over her neck anby pressing a dagger. He pants furiously as blood drops from his lips down to Minx's shoulder. 

Krism collects energy on her scythe, panting. Minx coughs and gasps for air. 

Kevin steps closer to the edge. 

"Hurt me and she goes down with me!" Kevin shouts. 

"Where's the daddy that I grew up with? HUH!" Krism shouts. Kevin chuckles. 

"Buried down with your mother. Oh wait, she BURNED!" Kevin shouted, choking Minx more. 

Minx took the time to twist Kevin's wrist. She snatched the dagger as he screams in agony. She insert the dagger into his gut with so much force, the dagger exited through his back. 

He coughs up blood as he leans closer. 

Krism began crying nonstop. 

"End him Krism!" Cry shouts from under. 

Krism backs away. 

"I...I.." Krism mumbled, sniffing.