Chapter 1

"Lilac, come on! Slowpoke, the woods aren't going to hide you!" Willow's indignant cries rang through the slowly darkening sky as I slowly trudged up the hill. Mind you, I was stuffed we only just got over gorging Dad's Barbeque.
"Willow we'll get there eventually. Why don't you stop and smell the forget-me-nots?"
"Lilac, I want to play hide-and-seek! You know as well as anyone forget-me-nots are my favorite BUUUT, Dad said we need to be back in 1 hour and I want to play at least one game of hide and seek!" I tried to protest but I was dragged up the forget-me-not covered hill. "Lilac are you ready?! OK! 1 . . . 2 . . ." I ran. I wasn't a master at hide and seek, and Willow normally found me, but I was still rather ok. The small tree I hid in smelled slightly of dew and smoke, but it was the best hiding place I could find in my radius of around 10 feet giving I couldn't run very well. I wait for the call telling me it was time, but instead I drifted off into thoughts. Willow, her rambunctious energetic self running home after soccer willing me to go play in the woods. Me protesting as my light blue eyes stare straight at her black ones, wanting to stay inside and play on my computer for at least another 2 hours. In the end, I always agree thinking out the options me not going would normally end up with her annoying me and whining forever, but I didn't know why people are always so confusing.
Snap the sound of a stick breaking as someone stepped on it broke me out of my mind. I stare out into the black night, my black hair limiting my field of vision. Did I miss the call? My mind races with the idea, how long was I out, what else did I miss, is Willow right next to me, did she already find me, is Willow Ok?! But that crack sounded at least a foot away, Willow would have found me by now if that was her.
"WILLOW!" I jumped out into the crisp night air as my small body tumbles feebly onto the field of forget-me-nots. I, in all honesty, expected Willow to immediately spring from the underbrush and tackle me as she does that at least 85.9% of the time, but no. Willow never appears. I sit alone in the field. The wind buffets my face. I look around for something, a sign. I feel a strange sting in the back of my eyes, my face is wet, why? I have no idea, I feel nothing but a strange worry over Willows condition. A glint catches my eye around 4 inches away from my feet. Willow?
The shine came from a small clip with a design of a bunny on it. Willow loved this clip after we gave it to her as a 13th birthday present. The clip had a small indent, this caused me to panic, Willow cherished this clip she wouldn't have lost it. A thousand possibilities this small detail brought caused my head to spin. Willow might be in trouble, she could have tripped and passed out somewhere, a fall might have caused brain damage, she could have been kidnapped. I did it
I have no recollection of anything else. My parents said I came back yelling and crying about Willow going missing. Hill, my dad, said she probably just got lost and she would come back soon. Anes, my mother was very worried about Willows whereabouts so she left to go look in the woods a while later.
No one has seen Willow since that day.
The police came to investigate but found no trace of her. Apparently, Hill got barbeque sauce on him so he went to change clothes and take a shower, almost as soon as he came back I reported Willow missing. Based on the fact that Hill was missing when the supposed crime took place, he was arrested. Everyone in town was so sad and shocked that Hill killed Willow, Hill was normally so friendly and happy, like the neighborhood's Santa of food. Hill was convicted of the crime and Willow declared dead.
But I don't believe what the police told me. I believe dad is innocent and Willow is alive.