Chapter 5

Liam and I walk into a hallway under an abandoned building. I see a red door at the end of the passage, Liam looks excited and scared at the same time. Anticipation gets the best of the strongest people. I sigh and gesture for him to stop. He jerks back weirdly like he would die if he took another step.
"No, I mean the door is right here and there might be people behind it with guns we don't know who we are dealing with here, get out our knife and gun," I whisper. He relaxes a little and gives the gun to me and takes the knife for himself. We had devised a strategy that we wouldn't come out gun's blazing yet, we would try to negotiate peacefully but if that did not work we would fire and get information out of the leader, Daemon. We had discovered that Daemon is a part of the mafia and he is the boss, lackeys are to be expected. I hide the gun in my coat and open the door slowly, what awaits us is not expected by either of us.
A line of men in black suits hold handguns pointing straight at us. A man around 21 stands at the back of the room sitting in a red throne. Daemon looks different than I expected, his skin is of the darker hue with reddish-brown eyes, black hair up in a cowlick style with a black suit jacket over his shoulder.
"Ahh! Hello! We expected someone would come eventually when we heard rumors of people asking around, But I never expected such a small frail girl with a fat dude!" Daemon's smile is sly. "Well, we really can't have people knowing the location of our base now can we?" He gets up and walks closer to us. "So, what do you need, money, an assassin, poison, or do you want to join?" I stare at the man in front of us trying to analyze but I can't read him. I clear my throat.
"We, came because you kidnapped someone very close to me. My sister -" I was cut off by a shot that grazed my shoulder.
"Ahh, you see the problem with that is we have never kidnapped anyone. We just throw them in our dungeon when they know too much, or we kill whoever the guy who pays the highest wants, that is very different, you know?" Daemon gloated. He acted condescending like he expected me to grovel at his knowledge. He is lying. I can tell from the slight flicker in his gaze.
"Aren't you a mafia? Why on earth would you have a dungeon? This isn't the medieval times. You are clearly lying. I know you kidnapped her three years ago! Just give back Will-"
"Lilac look out!" Liam shouts and I turn just in time to see the back of a gun flying towards my head. I duck just in time. I hear a few gunshots and one gets me square in the arm. It hurts as I scream out in agony. I manage to pull out my gun and shoot a few rounds before I feel a searing pain in the back of my head and I am pulled into the endless abyss again.