𝟘𝟞

"Yeosang. I know what you've done."

The sudden wave of nervousness that floods the angels body makes him shiver as his Advisor stares him down. He's not scared of her, Wheein is one of the only angels he can tell everything too, but the way she's sitting with her legs folded and her arms crossed fuels a flame of fear inside of him.

For as long as Yeosang as been alive, he's always been an awful liar.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I did what was asked of me."

"Why do you continue to lie to me, as if you're not as easy to read as a child's book?"

His advisor sighs, but none the less she turns in her chair to pull up a tab on the monitor sitting behind her.

"Tell me what you see on this chart, Yeosang."

The angel in question feels a sudden chill run down his body at the number displayed on the screen. Over the past few months, familiar faces around heaven have started to disappear. and what he's looking at right now is the number of angels that have defected this month. Defected to hell.

"It's..the angels we've lost for this month."

"Glad to see you've been paying attention. Can you guess how many of them have actually lived once they went to hell? How many survived depurification?"

Yeosang knows what she's doing. And its working. She's scaring him back into submission, backing into being the top of his class.

"No, I don't."

"Not even half. Less then one-third. Over 80% of angels die once they even cross the gates and yet you still defy my orders and continue to go there? Do you even realize the horrors that place could hide?"

"You haven't been there! You don't know what it's like!"

"I don't need to see it to know you don't belong there! What good would come out of going to that place? What do you even gain?"

Yeosang doesn't want to listen to her talk anymore, she doesn't understand. Everything in heaven is white. The walls, the floor, the clouds, the cloths they wear, everything is the same color. When he gets the chance to deliver his messages, he can see so much. Even if he's only seen the gates of Hell, he'd do anything to go inside and see what it's like. Why it's so intriguing to him.

"I don't want talk about this anymore with you, Yeosang. You're not to deliver another message to the gates until I say so. I'll have your new assignment re-"

"You can't do that! I'm the only who goes there, no one else will!"

She can't do this, right? It's not like she can find someone else to do his job. His friends have called him crazy, angels have tried to convince him to switch assignments, for crying out loud his own advisor as talked with him many times to find a reason as to why he volunteers to go. And it's not like he can tell her why.

"I will find someone or so help me I'll leave them in that box myself! You are dismissed, Yeosang. And don't make me put you on suspension again."

Even as Yeosang leaves the room, his heart still feels heavy. Like he's losing something that wasn't even his to begin with. He's always been assigned to Hell, ever since his creation day. He always talk to Taemin, and observes the flowers as he walks to the gates. It's the only thing that keeps him sane in this never ending cycle of his life. A never ending cycle of purity and boringness.

What is he even suppose to do now?

•••

"Just because I defected doesn't mean every angel wants too, and besides, what's his chances of surviving depurification? I mean look at me, I lost my fuckin' eye to be here."

San groans as lays his head on the table in defeat, his best friend sitting across from him as they sit in a diner close to the gates of hell.

"Hongjoong, can you just tell me if you know who he is? Taemin's an asshole won't tell me a thing, and there aren't many fallers I can ask who I don't want to punch in the face. He's different, you'd have to know him. Pink hair, beautiful face, a messenger, and an angel stupid enough to come near the gates. There's no way that's a normal thing in heaven."

Hongjoong sighs as he downs another swing of his alcohol, and San scrunches his nose at the smell. He's never been able to drink the stuff.

"You said his name was Yeosang, right? You sure that's his name and Taemin just isn't fucking with you?"

"That's all I have to go on, and it's not like I can go ask him. I don't know where he is."

Hongjoong closes his uncovered eye and runs his temple, a habit he has when he's thinking. "I think I vaguely remember someone like him, but it's been years, hell maybe decades. I was also a common angel, and he's a messenger, so I probably never met him. But pink hair is rare, so I think I have spoken to him before."

"What can you tell me? Please Joong, I need this."

With another sigh and sip of alcohol, Hongjoong spills.

"From what I remember, he's either brave or stupid. Because he's the only messenger they can send to give hell messages. He's also a Kang, an elite surname of angels in heaven, so he's probably either a bit prissy, bitchy, or both. You're best bet to find him is to wait near the drop off box near the gates and wait, or go out and try to find him. That's all I know."

San slams a bill on the table and immediately jumps up, rushing towards the door with a new mission in mind.

"Yah, you idiot! You can't just leave money and walk out like that!"

San turns around to grin at his friend, and he grins as he opens the door to leave with a new found mission.

"Joong, you know me by now, I can't wait around for an opportunity to disappear. I'm going to find a certain angel. And ruin him."