o n e

y/n

he snickered, chucking another paper ball at me.

i rolled my eyes, ignoring him.

"y/n." he whispered.

i kept my head down.

he threw another paper ball.

"what?" i whipped my head around to face the curly headed boy. the same curls and freckles that have been hurling paper balls at me since for a month now. his eyes widened, still smiling. he had another ball in his hand and looked like he was about to throw it at me.

"jeez." he said defensively, setting the ball on his desk, a smirk on his face.

is this funny to him?

"it's gets old after a month don't you think?" i asked sarcastically.

he looked at me up and down, smiling.

"asshole." i turned back to my desk.

the bell rang.

i gathered my things and walked out into the hall where i found millie.

"hey," she smiled.

"hi." i said back a little more dryly than i intended to.

"what's up your ass today?" she giggled.

"it's that finn kid." i said.

"curly hair?" she twirled her finger in front of her hair to gesture his curls. i nodded.

"what about him?" she tilted her head.

"hes annoying." i told her.

"he's cute." she said, sounding like she was correcting me.

"he's annoying." i repeated, laughing. millie and i were walking to our next class when he saw a heard a group of boys laughing. we turned to see the strangest sight.

"no!" one of them laughed. we turned to see finn and his group of friends. finn and a boy with curly light hair and another with striking blue eyes where putting a smaller boy into a trash can as a darker skinned boy tried stopping them.

as we walked past them finn noticed me and sent me a goofy smile.

"so i was thinking," millie started.

"that's never a good thing." i joked.

"oh stop," she playfully hit my arm. "anyways, i was thinking we go to a party tonight."

she smiled at me hopefully.

"depends." i turned to her.

"iris'." she said. i nodded. her parties were always so much fun and something crazy always happened.

"alright, so my place after school?" she asked.

"it's a date." i chuckled.

hi