Chapter 12: Blackness

We were walking hand in hand. I didn't want it too end. She looked perfect in the summer heat, her hair blowing in the breeze. I was scared that her parents would be mad at her. I didn't want her to get hurt.

"Jordan, are you feeling alright?" To be honest, I wasn't. I was worried that she would be forced to leave me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied through my teeth. I didn't want to worry her.

It felt nice walking around, since I usually stayed inside and played video games. It was nearing fall, which means that Brooke would have to go to school. I'm glad that's it her last year.

I walked up to her front door with her. We started kissing, and I felt her cheeks getting hot. We broke are kiss when we heard someone clear their throat. Shit.

"Brooke, I need to talk to Jordan for a second." It was Liam. I knew he didn't want me with his stepsister. I was just surprised that he cared that much for her.

"Um okay."

Liam grabbed my arm and led me away from sight.

"Why the fuck wasn't she home last night!" Well, we got drunk together, that's why.

"She was at a friends house."

"Then why did you take her home?" Because she was asleep at my house and I was walking her home to keep her safe.

"Because we got lunch together and I walked her home to make sure she's safe."

"Stop fucking lying Jordan! You're just fucking using her just like every other girl you've dated!"

"No I'm not you fucker!"

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my jaw. The little fucker punch me.

I wanted to punch back, but I couldn't do it. He was my best friend. And if I did, he would say that I punched him first.

Another sharp pain was in my eye. It felt like someone threw a bowling ball in my face.

My face was getting hot. My eyes were stinging with tears and I was clenching my hands together.

I kept letting him hit me. But I just wanted to kill him. I swear if he took his anger out on Brooke, he was gonna die.

I felt my warm blood running down my face. I could barely open up my eye.

Then he stopped punching me. I heard someone else talking. It sounded like Brooke. I tried to stand up to block him from touching her.

"Liam! What the fuck are you doing!"

"Brooke, he will hurt you. He's bad for you."

"Shut the fuck up! Go get mom and dad!" She rushed over to me. I saw tears running down her face and saw the anger in her eyes.

Then everything went black.