Chapter 7: That Skimpy Black Dress

I can't believe he said that.

Did he like me? Ugh, boys are so confusing.

We arrived at the ice cream shop. We ordered are favorite ice cream and sat down.

"So when is your friend gonna get here?"

"Here soon, I hope. He's always late." That sounds like my brother.

We sat there eating our ice cream and talking, waiting for his friend.

"Hey Jordan! Brooke why are you here?" Oh. Liam, my stepbrother, was good friends with the guy I liked. I don't know why I thought it was the end of the world.

Maybe he could make things turn out better between us.

"Sup Liam! And you know Brooke?"

"Yeah she's my stepsister."

Well, this was get awkward.

"Liam go order your ice cream." I accidentally said that a little too mean. Oops.

"Okay I will, calm down."

Once he left to order his ice cream, me and Jordan started to talk to each other again.

"I can't believe you guys are siblings."

"No. He's my stepbrother. And I'm his stepsister."

"Do you not like him?"

"No, I do. I'm just not to used to him being around."

"Oh."

Liam sat down with us after he ordered and we finished up our ice cream. It was kinda awkward for me because they were talking about 'guy' things, so I just zoned out.

"So Brooke, do you wanna go shopping? Liam had to go somewhere."

"Oh, sure! What do you need to get?"

"Nothing. I just thought that you would want to go shopping."

"Oh. Well, I need a couple dresses because all of mine are to small."

"Okay, where are we gonna go to get your dresses?"

"Umm... I have no idea."

Me and Jordan just walked through the mall, looking at the shops to find an interesting one. Once we finally found my favorite shop, I started looking through the racks to find a dress.

"What about this one?" Jordan had pulled out the tiniest black dress.

"Do you really want me to try that on?"

"Yeah, you never know it could look really good on you." He smirked when he said that. He's a goof.

"Okay Jordan."

I walked over to the dressing room and put on the skimpy black dress. I actually really liked it.

I walked out of the dressing room to find Jordan on his phone. He instantly looked up.

"You look sexy in it."

"I like it. I think I'm gonna get it. I don't know when I'll wear it, but oh well."

I walked back to the dressing room. Oh my god, he called me sexy.

I walked back out and payed for the dress.

"So what do you wanna do now? Go to the park, see a movie-"

"Oh! There's this really good movie I want you to see! But it's not in theaters..."

"Do you have the movie?" I have the movie. I completely forgot.

"Yeah. So are you fine coming to my house to watch it? My parents won't mind."

"Sure. I live with my brother, so I'm sure he'll be fine with it." Then he winked at me.

I can't handle it. I just wanna kiss him right now.