Chapter 2: Friendship

In the afternoon hours, Lexa was enjoying the peace in the loft as she was editing the code for the new software she was developing. She was sitting behind the desk in the room she shared with her boyfriend, her eyes locked on the computer screen through her Matte brown rectangle-shaped prescription eyeglasses and her fingers moving fast over the keyboard, until she was interrupted by someone opening the door.

"Octavia's in!" Jasper exclaimed excitedly as he entered the room and sat on the bed. "Hey," he tried to get the brunette's attention. "I see you're not wearing your headphones, I know you can hear me," he continued when he didn't get an answer. "Heda!"

"What?" Lexa finally looked away from the screen. "And don't call me that."

"Well it worked, didn't it?" Jasper smiled contently. "I was saying... I just talked to Octavia and she agreed that we should have a welcome party for you tonight."

"Jas..." Lexa sighed. "You know I don't like gatherings."

"I know, but... These are good people, Lexie," he insisted. "Maybe it's time for you to make some friends."

"I don't need friends... I've got you," she said firmly and turned her eyes back on the computer screen.

"Awww that sounded almost romantic," Jasper said in a sarcastic tone, receiving a quick glance from Lexa. "Look... You'll be spending a lot of time here, so it would be nice if the three of you got along," he smiled softly.

"But why a party?" Lexa asked without looking away from the screen.

"Because it's how people feel more relaxed... and we'll have something to drink, order a pizza..." Jasper explained as he finished typing something on his phone.

"Who's coming?" Lexa asked in the same uninterested tone as before.

"Well... Octavia will be here and I invited Monty, Harper and Raven... Oh, and you have to meet Lincoln, he's awesome!" he replied.

"Isn't he Octavia's ex boyfriend?"

"Yeah, but they are still friends," Jasper said. "I told her we didn't have to invite him if it's too weird for her, but she said that it's totally cool and that she was going to call him herself... Oh, and Bellamy will probably tag along."

"Who's Bellamy?"

"Octavia's brother," Jasper answered. "He works at the same hospital as Lincoln and Clarke... he's an EMT and he has a huuuuge crush on Clarke," his smile widened. "But she won't give him the time of day... I feel bad for him."

"Why?" Lexa finally turned her head to look at Jasper.

"Why what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You said she doesn't want to date him... Is she with someone else?" Lexa asked, surprised at her own curiousity.

"Clarke?" he laughed. "Are you serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Lexa frowned.

"I know I've told you," he squinted. "I'm sure I've mentioned it to you more than once over the phone in the last year."

"Mentioned what, Jasper?" Lexa was becoming impatient.

"Remember one day when I woke up and there was an unknown naked woman making coffee in the kitchen?" he asked and saw Lexa nod at him. "And then another day when I heard a woman moaning in the bathroom? What did I tell you about it?"

"You said your roommate had a one night stand," Lexa remembered.

"Yeah... ?" Jasper had a broad smile on his face, seeing that Lexa still hadn't connected the dots. "Which roommate did you think it was?"