Chapter 5 - The end

AR..

Khushi was chatting with NK ignoring Arnav completely.

Anjali received a phone call so she excused herself for a while.

Arnav was staring at his wife trying her best to ignore him and pretending to laugh while talking with NK. He smiled and continued working on his laptop and his files.

"Chote.. It was Dad's call.." Anjali said.

"Yeah.. What happened?" Arnav asked.

"He wants the family to have dinner together in restaurant XYZ.." Anjali said.

Arnav nodded, "Time?"

"8pm!" Anjali replied.

"Done.." Arnav said.

"So we will get going now Bro.." NK said.

Arnav nodded again making Khushi glare at him. He didn't even make any effort or attempt to talk with her or gain her attention. She just refused him to kiss her and he back off like that!

"Bye Chote.. Bye Bro!" Nk and Anjali said as they walked to leave his cabin. Khushi also followed them when Arnav pulled her back and she landed on his arms, she gasped and looked at him wide eyed.

Arnav pecked her lips gently, "Bye Jaan!"

Khushi blushed, she pushed him away and went from there.

************************************************************************

9:15 pm.. XYZ restaurant..

"Where's Chote? Why is he taking too much time? We've been waiting for almost one hour here.." Dadi asked, "Khushi bitiya.. call him and ask where he is.."

"I already called him .. but he's not replying to my calls.." Khushi said.

Ragini smirked, "And Sheetal also haven't reached yet.. I guess both are together now.."

Dadi glared at Ragini. "Ragini think before you speak.." Raj whispered to her.

"What I meant to say is maybe both are coming here together.." Ragini shrugged, then smiled sweetly staring at Khushi, "I'm sure Khushi doesn't have any problem.. after all, she trusts her husband a lot, right?"

Khushi nodded her head with no-nonsense look.

"Chote will come Kush.. must be busy in some important work.." Anjali said smiling to console Khushi.

"Yes Bhabhi.. You already know how Bro is right.. Always work, work and work!" NK chuckled.

Khushi smiled, "You haven't seen his other side yet!"

"You're the lucky woman who gets to see his other side!" NK winked at her.

"Look.. Arnav and Sheetal have reached.. I told you guys they must be together.. and see I was right.." Ragini exclaimed.

Payal chuckled mockingly and whispered to herself but it was audible to Akash, "Perfect husband! At last he showed his true colors.. after all.. Men are same only!"

Akash glared at her, "Keep quiet Payal.. Seriously!"

Khushi shifted her attention from NK to the entrance door where she saw her husband walking in with Sheetal who was dressed in a short blue dress.

Arnav greeted his family and looked at Khushi, he saw the chair beside her were occupied by Anjali and NK. So he had no chance to sit near her.

"Sit Arnav.. We're all so hungry and you both came up so late.. What were you doing exactly? Took time to get dressed or what?" Ragini asked purposely rubbing salt to Khushi's wounds.