Chapter 5: The Date

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

"Ugh." I groan reaching around for my phone to shut this bitch off.

"I don't want to." I groan again finally shutting the alarm off.

*BEEP*

"I just shut you off! Are you kidding me?" I scream at my phone and glare at it.

I turn it on to see that it's a text from Ashton.

"Hope you slept well last night, my pretty girl, I will be over in 30 minutes to pick you up."

"I'll see you then."

I go to close my eyes again, but then I re-read his text. 30 minutes??? That's it? I quickly jump out of bed and run to the shower throwing my clothes off and jumping it. 5 minutes later I'm out and I quickly dry myself off and grab my toothbrush pour toothpaste onto it and quickly start scrubbing my teeth.

I throw open the drawer and grab my hairbrush and start ripping through my hair. Considering my hair is long, this step takes me a bit longer than most people so I just throw it up into a bun and continue over to my dresser and grab black jeans, a pastel pink Disney shirt, socks and my Vans.

"Should I dress nicer?" I think to myself.

He never told me where we were going, so if we end up somewhere fancy it's not my fault. Maybe he will see me and just assume that I'm not fancy and then we will never go somewhere fancy.

*BEEP*

"Just left my house pretty girl, I'll see you in like 5 minutes. <3"

Well at least I'm ready to go. And I have 5 minutes to spare. I walk into my kitchen and see poor Emmaline sleeping in the most uncomfortable spot possible. I grin at her because she looks ridiculous, but then I walk over to her and shake her awake.

"You can sleep in my bed, I'm leaving for my date." I say to her.

"Mhm." She nods sleepily.

"Emmaline?"

"Mhm."

"Emmaline!" I scream.

"What what?" She jumps up and looks around terrified.

"Go lay down on my bed, it will help your back."

"Okay, jeez."

"You'll thank me later!" I yell to her as she walks into my room closing the door.

*BEEP*

"I think your neighbors hate me...:'( " ~Ashton~

"Why would they hate you?" ~Renae~

"There was one that was working on their flowers and all of a sudden she just glares at me and starts cutting aggressively." ~Ashton~

"Ha ha, that's what I do when I hate someone." I type out, but then realize that I probably shouldn't send Ashton that, so I delete it.

"They don't hate you, they are just protective, they'll warm up to you eventually." Is what I actually send.

"Wow, so you really want to keep me around ;)" ~Ashton~

"Maybe, depends how dorky you are." ~Renae~

"Is it better to be more dorky or less dorky?" ~Ashton~

"You'll have to find out, sir." ~Renae~

"Well why don't you come out of your house so we can start this date instead of me just texting you from out here." ~Ashton~