Chapter 19: Memories

(RENAE'S POV)

Calum leaves and sets my bag of clothes onto the counter. I don't really understand why he's so distant, I mean I understand considering that it's been 6 months, but something just really feels off. I look into the mirror and boy do I look rough. My hair is everywhere, my face has a bruise right on my forehead, my arm is covered in bruises, I lift my shirt to change and I've got scars on my sides. I run my fingers along them and get goosebumps. I open the bag and a strong scent of lavender comes at me.

I love lavender, such a pure scent. I pull everything out, my joggers, a sweatshirt that I'm assuming is Calum's, underwear, a bra, a hairbrush, a tooth brush, toothpaste, and a few Q-Tips. I laugh at that knowing that the hospital would freak out if I put anything in my ears right now.

I grab the sweatshirt and throw it on. A new scent absorbs me. What is that? It's hidden in the lavender, but I can still smell it; mint.

He grabs my hands and pulls me in.

"I love you Renae, so much." He says and kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself to him. He grabs my waist and pulls me in. He grasps my thighs and pulls me up. He carries me over to the couch and runs his fingers through my hair.

"So beautiful." He whispers.

"I love you Ashton." I whisper back and kiss him again.

What the fuck? Why did I just see me making out with Calum's band member? I don't even know who he is? What is happening? My breathing quickens, I need water. I turn the sink on and splash my face with water and drink it out of my hands. I wipe my face with a towel and look at myself in the mirror.

"You aren't a cheater." I point at myself and say out loud quietly.

I quickly put on the joggers, brush my teeth, and my hair. I open the bathroom door and start walking over to the hospital bed.

"Calum, what time is it?" I ask, but when I look up it's not Calum next to my bed, but Ashton.

"Oh you're not Calum." I laugh nervously with butterflies in my stomach.

Wait butterflies? Why?

"That I am not." He turns to me and laughs.

Gosh his laugh is amazing.

"Stop it." I say.

"I'm sorry?" He says confused.

"Oh, not you! I meant myself. Wait, no, I just. Okay, I'm going to stop talking." I walk over to the couch and sit down on it stretching out all across it.

Ashton laughs and walks over to the couch and moves my legs onto his lap.

"So, you're set back 4 years huh?" He asks.

I just nod my head and lock eyes with him. He's very attractive, my my, he really is gorgeous.

"It must be difficult not knowing what's going on huh?" He holds on tight to my leg and starts drawing little circles with his fingers on my leg.

"I-I mean it's a l-little difficult." I stutter completely through that sentence. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Well, if you need anything. And I mean anything you let me know okay." He looks directly into my eyes and grabs my hand and leans closer to me.

I don't know why, but I feel myself leaning towards him too. I can't stop myself, it's like my body is just moving by itself. My mind isn't thinking. I pull my legs off of him and sit on them so that I'm on my knees next to him on the couch. I lean in closer to him and he leans in closer to me.