December, 19th - Nates POV

Day four with my folks and already I wanted to return home. Not because I didn't love them or because they were annoying, they are actually the kindest people I know, but there was another reason for me to leave.

Back home was a girl. A gorgeous girl that I hoped missed me as much as I missed her. I had given her my number and have yet to hear from her.

Was she ok? What if something happened to her!? What if I would never... No I can't even think about that. I'm sure she is fine, she's probably just busy with work.

God why, when I'm suppose to be enjoying this time with my family, do I feel like part of me is missing?

But I know why and I know who the cause is, it's Alice. Every time I close my eyes I see her beautiful face, I see that amazing shade of pink when she blushes and I know I'm in too deep.

Before she even bumped into me I had heard all the rumors. I knew what she had been through and so I became curious.

When I landed a job working as Santa's elf, I was over joyed. Not just because I loved Christmas, but because I could see the girl that had over run my thoughts lately.

On my first day I wondered if she was one of those depressed emos, or even into the whole grunge thing and I wouldn't blame her. But it didn't matter what she looked like, for anyone to be able to survive what she had to live through, I knew she had to be strong.

When I first laid eyes on her, I was surprised by the amount of emotion that washed over me. It was a mixture of sympathy, adoration and fear.

This girl before me was beautiful, she was strong, quiet and she looked so fragile. Though I know she tried her best to hide it and that I was afraid she would crumble at any second.

So you could just imagine my surprise when she was the one that literally walked straight into me. I wanted to reach out and grab her, but I was too shocked that I would be this fragile flowers undoing, that I just stood there like an idiot.

When she seemed unscathed I sighed in relief, but not before becoming completely lost in her blue eyes.

Her expression mirrored mine and I found it hard to say my next few words. Her eyes were breath taking, so blue under the light that they shined brighter when I invited her to coffee.

When she agreed I knew I wanted to hear all about her. I heard the stories but I wanted to hear it from her, I wanted to hear her voice some more.

After learning her story I felt broken hearted. I had never been on such an emotional rollar coaster till I met Alice. In that moment I wanted to protect her and make her feel that she was no longer alone, that she could enjoy Christmas once more. And I wanted to do that for her.

So I decided to give her twelve days of Christmas that she would never forget!