December 21st, Alices POV

I sighed as closed up the shop for the day. Even though only a few days have passed since Nate left, his absence left a void in my heart.

It was a void filled with confusion. I liked Nate, that much I knew, what I didn't know was if I could let him in. I care about him, and that's why it's dangerous.

Once you let someone in, you start to develops feelings and care about every little thing they say and do. And when you like someone, it's too easy to get hurt.

But I knew I was already knew I was in too far because I have already let him in, I have feelings for him and I wonder what he is doing when I'm not with him.

'Stuff it!' I had reached my car, blasted the heater and sat with my phone poised and ready for action.

I watched the screen as the cursor blink indicating it was ready to type! But what would I say?

Time ticked by as I wrote and rewrote message after message, trying to find the right thing to say. By the end if it I muster up enough courage to type 'hi.'

I felt both relieved and anxious as I threw my phone in my hand bag and waited for a reply. When I didn't hear anything for ten minutes I gave up and drove back to my apartment.

Once my car was locked and parked I made my way up to my door, all the while trying to forget the embarrassment I felt by just sending 'hi.'

I reached for the lock, turned the non and was about to walk inside when I kicked my foot against something. I looked down and was surprised to see a small box.

I picked it up and looked around, who would have left this here? 'Seriously Alice?' My conscious made another snide remark.

I closed my door and stared at the small wrapped up box. Was it from Nate? It couldn't be, he wasn't home till tomorrow.

I felt agitated at the box in front if me and left it on my table. I cooked dinner, had a shower, read a book and went to bed; all the while never touching the box.

But as I lay under my covers staring at the ceiling my mind kept wandering to the box. Curiosity got the better of me and stormed out into the living room and sat down at the table.

I slowly unwrapped the box and gasp at it's contents. It was fragile and so I picked it up with care. It was a small snow globe with the picture of our tree; the one that say in the park.

A smile crept onto my face, Nate. How did he know exactly how to make my day. I looked back in the box and seen a small card, it read; 'Dear Alice, The 12 days aren't over yet. Meet me at the park at ten, Nate.'

It was already quarter too! I gently placed the snow globe back in the box, threw on my trench coat, my ugh boots, grabbed the box and keys and headed toward the park, toward Nate.