4 - EARTH'S OFF LIMITS TODAY

CHAPTER WARNING: Mild Language, Violence

◊ ◊ ◊

"Gamora, wait!" Peter tried to stop her from going off on her own but she ignored him of course. Just as she opened the hatch to their ship, she readied her blades defensively. She grabbed an Aero-Rig and jumped from the craft, free-falling for a moment as she pressed the disk against her back and turned it on.

Nebula and Drax weren't far behind her. They had their own weapons drawn in hand and dark smiles covering each of their faces. They shared a look before grabbing their own rigs and heading towards the open hatch.

"What's it gonna be?" Rocket wondered as he hopped into the cockpit, pressing buttons that revealed footage of what was happening outside the Milano. He zoomed in, seeing four figures flying up above the ship.

Gamora was wrestling with the woman in the sky, as the other two quickly flew towards them.

"Shit," Quill said, as he enabled his mask and grabbed his boot thrusters and a rig, "I gotta go help, Gamora."

"How romantic. Now would you hurry it up!" Rocket yelled.

"Groot! Put the game down!"

"I am Groot."

Quill and Rocket sighed, "Forget it, just go!"

Quill saluted and dived out of the Milano before he pressed the side of his helmet.

"Whatever it is, it is a very strong presence," Mantis daintily moved to one of the seats in the cockpit and strapped herself in as Rocket closed the back. Mantis' antennas were glowing yellow, as she closed her eyes, trying to feel the space around her. "We need to get closer."

Cursing under his breath, Rocket took the ship off of autopilot and increased altitude.

"I am Groot."

"Buckle up kid, things are about to get outta hand," Rocket instructed.

From above the ship, Gamora tried to grab the blonde, but was easily flung off as her eyes began to glow unnaturally. Her eyes shot to the other two as they flew towards her, weapons in their hands.

"Earth is off limits today!" Gamora screamed as she came up behind the woman, who now had her attention on Drax and Nebula. They had attacked her at the same time, Drax able to grab her and wrap his arms tightly around her. Nebula landed blows from behind, before she pulled back, noticing the energy building around them.

"Funny, I was about to say the same thing," The blonde woman smirked, as her hair flowed in the wind, and her fists glowed at her sides. Gamora jumped back, looking at her from behind and glaring daggers.

Unfortunately for Drax, he couldn't see her glowing body before she sent an energy wave out that knocked him off of her, and short circuited his rig.

He started to fall quickly, spinning in circles within the air, and unable to stop himself as he realized his rig was broken.

"Drax!" Gamora screamed, just as Quill flew in and caught him. Due to their combined weight, Quill's rig alone was barely able to keep the two of them in the air. Drax was a chuckling mess and the two couldn't stop themselves from falling closer to the surface of the planet.