1 - BRAVE NEW WORLD

DISCLAIMER

This is merely a work of fiction. I do not own any characters pertaining to The Walking Dead, Supernatural, or Marvel Universe. Characters of my own have been crafted from my imagination and are not based on real people. Any similarity is merely coincidental. There is a great possibility of future sexual/r-rated content. Please read at your own risk. Thank you.

CHAPTER WARNING: Mild Language

◊ ◊ ◊

SPN

CROATOAN. It was the one word that ran throughout the mind of Dean Winchester. It was inescapable, like a bad dream he couldn't wake from no matter how much he stirred in his sleep. It felt like sleep paralysis. Like he could only watch as the feeling of the imminent danger intensified, slowly creeping over his sleeping form, but terrifying his wide-awake mind.

The last time he was in this situation, everyone and everything he knew had changed, and now more than ever, he feared that they wouldn't be able to avoid their fate as they had managed to in the past.

Before, Zachariah was capable of catapulting him into the future, but now that the angel was dead, something about this instance gave him a terrifying gut feeling, and it wouldn't go away no matter how badly he wanted it to. What could've catapulted him into the future? There wasn't a reason. The devil wasn't trying to use Sam as a vessel, and the remaining angels wouldn't intervene like they had in the past. They were practically going extinct. They practically avoided getting into it with the Winchester clan these days at all costs.

"It's gotta be. Nothing else makes sense," He whispered to himself, doubting that the new state of the world was indeed his reality. He assumed it was just a new strain of demonic biowarfare, crafted up by some powerful body snatcher, begging for attention. If only he had been right, things would've been so much simpler - redeemable even. Their kind of weird was still tolerable, but this? This was out of everyone's ball park.

After being thrust awake in a seemingly vacant hotel room with nothing but a single word etched into his mind, Dean was riding alone in a rental car, speeding down one of the back roads of Marion, Illinois, headed to the only place that seemed to matter while there was still time left.

To Sammy; to Jack, and to Castiel; to his family.

◊ ◊ ◊

"Sam?" The light requesting voice belonging to Jack Kline, the Nephilim, calling for his partner, the younger of the infamous Winchester brothers. Jack was having a strong gut feeling that worried him to no end. It was like nothing he had ever experienced before, but he knew that something concerning the natural balance of their world had been disrupted. It was like a snap had gone off in his head, a loud and distinct noise that made his ears slightly ring.

Somehow, it felt similar to the feeling he got when the rift to that other world that he opened only a few months ago had been their main priority. Although similar, this time felt distinctively different. It was like selective components of their world had manifested into something new and a feeling that Jack found to be nearly indescribable. Some things had changed, but most remained the same.

Like when a baby is born, and how the smallest of decisions that person grows to make in their lives can have a massive effect on the world. It felt like that, but occurring simultaneously in the span of a million milliseconds. Humans of this world would've referred to it as the Butterfly Effect.