Chapter 33

Lucius might not know what was going through the pretty head of hers, but he might guess it. Madonna, his wife, was shell shocked and might be somewhat in panic as well.

Now that his mother had revealed why Thorne family was ruined, he understood why she had to keep Madonna a secret and had raised her.

When his mother had narrated how she made certain Alder shall not get what he desired and how she took the younger distorted Madonna with her to the safety of her coven to protect her.

"It will be good if you do not do anything that might reveal your lineage to any person here, dear. I had to keep you protected and the better manner I found was to raise you but as well keep you away from me so no one could know you and I might have any relation. That way even if there was someone with the knowledge of a Thorne alive, they shall not find them with me." His mother explained softly and Lucius can see the plethora of motherly love for Madonna.

At times he felt envious of his wife when he saw the immense affection and motherly love for his wife from his mother. She had raised her and taught her everything like a mother shall leaving Lucius with Alder for years.

Heavens knows it, that Lucius understood his mother's escapade. He knew why his mother had to leave her own kin to take a foster child in. However, at times he did felt the emptiness of his mother in his life far too greatly.

He observed Madonna with a silent glance as he turned to see his mother taking a step forward towards his wife. With a smile, she embraced Madonna and stroked her head with a maternal touch which Madonna returned back.

"I vowed to your mother to keep you safe, dear. She was one person I could put my trust in blindly. She was woman who had been beside me through tough times and not just standing there, she pulled me out of it on many occasions." He heard his mother mumble to Madonna as she continued embracing her.

One trait he knew of his mother was, she was a great mother figure and had never back away to show her affection to the ones who were close to her.

While the high ranking persons had always left their offspring to a nursemaid for the upbringing with much less care for them, his mother on the other hand had been the one to raise him in every walk of his young-hood.

His head started to hurt like devil when he realized how many of the responsibilities he had in his plate to fulfill. With his mother in the Emor castle again, the mark of Alder and his army's end had already been set in place.

He just wanted to end everything and kill the devil out of Alder and finally live pleasantly with his mother whilst annoying the holy goodness out of his young Witch. Having preparing for the battle against Alder from a very young age, Lucius was fed up of the constant headaches it gave him.

He just wished everything to end as soon as possible.

"I am grateful to you Orla. I never had a suspicion on you and can never have one. Nonetheless, I was terrified of the fact that my mother, father or my good brother might be alive somewhere who might be my kin anymore. I was grateful to you to end my kin in a proper manner so as to aid their good souls away from Alder." Madonna said as tears trickled down her eyes.

Madonna looked much emotional than Lucius had ever seen. He could see the taxing creases on her beautiful face; might say she had spent exhausting years of her life with means to avenge her kin.

The next day, Lucius and Madonna were prepared to set out to weaken Alder's said army with the help of their allies whilst his mother was being a good wife to Alder. After the small chat he had along with his mother and wife the previous night, they had come to an agreement to halt the search of Fina as she shall be albeit safe wherever she was as long as Alder doesn't go for a visit.