Chapter 2

The second time I went to Arendelle, I stole some of the coins out of my parents' stash, and I went into the candy store. The chocolatier greeted me with a smile, welcoming me back, and I bought a bar of chocolate from him. I could almost taste the sweet, dark milk and sugar melting between my teeth.

I peeled the wrapper off it's beautiful dark bodice, and inhaled the sweet smell of sugar. I was going to eat this bar of chocolate, then I was going to see if I could find some connections to my dad. Maybe there was a place with records, or someone who knew him when I was younger. I wasn't sure where to start, but I decided to ease my mind with something sweet and savory.

I was about to take a bite out of it when a rock was thrown in my face. A boy, who had the audacity to throw a rock at me, grabbed the bar out of my hands, and ran away.

"HEY! THAT IS MY HARD-EARNED CHOCOLATE!" Okay, technically it wasn't earned, because I stole the money, but what else was I supposed to do? Make it myself? Kill someone for the money?

I ran after him, with the fury of a snake. He turned to see how far I was behind him, and then he kept running.

He ended up tripping on a stone, and the bar flew from his hand and onto the brick road. Lucky for me, the chocolate part never touched the ground.

I grabbed the bar and aggressively took a bite out of it. Then I put the rest in my bag.

He really thought he could just take my candy and run away. Nope, karma lets nothing slide.

I stood over him, angrily, with my hands on my hips.

"What is wrong with you? Don't you know how inconsiderate it is to steal? That was my heart and soul you just tried to take from me. Apologize."

He gave me a solemn look. "I'm sorry. My father doesn't let me eat chocolate, and I was very hungry." He stood up, and dusted off his britches. "Also, I'm not very good at talking to girls. Or anyone my age, for that matter. There aren't that many kids in Arendelle, and none of them are royal, so I'm not allowed to talk to them anyway. It was the only way I thought I could get your attention." He smiled. "And it looks like it worked."

I smiled back. His smile was infectious, and I didn't like it. I tried to be angry again, and said, "Well, the least you could have done was said 'hi'. You could have done so many other things than take my candy."

"I realize that now. And I said I was sorry-"

"Also, if you're supposed to be royalty, shouldn't you be able to afford your own chocolate?"

"I already told you. I'm not allowed to eat it. My father thinks that it's bad for my health. He thinks I won't be strong if I eat it." He looked down at his shoes. "Again, I'm sorry. I understand if you don't want to be my friend."

I felt bad. He just wanted someone to talk to. And to eat some of this delicious chocolate. This delicious chocolate that was, um, mine....

He started to walk away, dramatically, with his shoulders drooping and his body swaying back and forth, as if he couldn't support his own weight. I could tell he was trying to manipulate me, but I let it slide. I needed a friend too. Besides, what if we were connected somehow? What if he was my cousin somehow? Then again, he's a royal, so I highly doubt it.

"Hey - why don't you come with me to the river? We can talk there, and maybe pick up some of the stones we find. "

He turned around, and his eyes lit up. "Of course! That sounds like a lot of fun."

The last three times I went to Arendelle, I went to see him again. I forgot all about learning about my father. He was annoying and a little self centered at first, but as I got to know him, he was actually very nice, and kinda funny.