*𝟷𝟶 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛*

Nini Salazar Roberts was running late. And she never ran late. She had transferred to East High 6 months ago and she refused to be late to her first day. She grabbed her phone and her favorite red sweatshirt before dashing out the door into her new best friend Kourtney's car. She had transferred to East High when she had found out that they had a killer theatre program. She loved making videos with her old best friend Frankie, but it just wasn't for her. It wasn't what she loved the most. 

"Hey girl," Kourtney said leaning over and applying a coat of mascara to her rushing friend, "Slow down there, the school ain't running away."

"I'm just nervous," Nini admitted. She had met Kourtney when she first moved to East High. She had gone exploring the mall and ran into Kourtney at a nearby makeup store. They had immediately hit it off and began hanging out all the time. Nini's thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of her phone. She glanced down. There was one unread message from EJ Caswell. 

"Good morning," it read, "Can't wait for my beautiful girlfriend to meet my team." Nini smiled. One week after she had moved there she had been introduced to EJ Caswell. EJ was a senior, the captain of the water polo team, an ex-boy band member, and easily one of the cutest boys in East High. They had met in a coffee shop. Swarms of girls had watched jealously as EJ had helped Nini clean off her coffee-stained sweater after they had bumped into each other. He had seen her theatre camp sweatshirt and asked her if she did theater. This ended up in an hour-long coffee date where EJ and Nini talked all about theater. They had been dating for 3 months now, and Nini was proud to say that EJ was the perfect boyfriend. 

Not for the first time, Ricky Bowen was pissed. How hard was it for the school bus to come on time. 

"Dude we could always skateboard." His new friend Big Red said behind him. Ricky had moved here one week ago and already hated this place. It wasn't his fault his parents had gotten on the wrong flight. Now they had to stay at Salt Lake for the rest of the year because his Dad's office in Tokyo didn't keed them anymore.

"We'll wait 5 more minutes," Ricky said checking his watch again. He missed his old home in Marshport. He missed Harley. He came to like the girl. They weren't dating or anything, but he had a feeling that they might as well be. They texted a lot, and he always updated her and his best friend Ethan on everything that happened. When he had moved to Utah he had traded his lacrosse stick for a skateboard. He was getting sick of that stick anyways. Plus he had always loved skateboarding. He sighed and pulled out his phone to check any texts. Just as he pressed the power button to turn his phone on, the bus pulled up. Perfect.