|| CHAPTER 1 ||

Sunmi was standing in front of the elevator. As the CEO of ONYX ENTERTAINMENT she wasn't supposed to be late to one of the most important meetings in the small history of the young company, but here she was. Ten minutes too late because the computer didn't want to print out her presentation. She really needed a secretary. Sunmi made a mental note and was interrupted by Jackson, who ran to her side.

„Hey...Sunmi.", he panted.

„You are late", she smiled at him.

The elevator arrived and both entered, Jackson pressed the button for the 12th level.

„Yeah, I'm sorry, I kinda forgot the time."

„No problem. I'll have to hold my presentation without a sheet.", she rolled her eyes.

Both exited the elevator and walked to the big meeting room. „I hope they'll like what we thought of.", Jackson said.

„Yeah, and I hope the fans will.", Sunmi agreed. She had many worries, and even though they weren't poor, she was going to put all of their money in this project.

„Let's go", Jackson smiled at her. „Don't worry, your gonna do great."

Sunmi smiled back and took a big breath, she stood in front of audiences with thousands of people, but this was totally different. She opened the door.

All of the trainees were sitting on a long table, together with all coaches. Hyuna and Jessi were chatting with each other, and Hwasa, Woosung and Jay were in the middle of a heavy discussion. On the other side of the table the male and female trainees were talking with their room mates.

The second the door opened, all eyes were on Sunmi and Jackson. He speedily walked to his seat, and Sunmi stood at the front end of the table.

„Hello, I'm happy to finally meet you all!", she smiled at the trainees, who stood up and bowed.

„Please, sit down again.", she waited for a second.

„I think I should get straight to the point. Let me open this presentation for you...", the room darkened and behind Sunmi a big poster appeared. The letters „Alternate Dimension" were written on it.

„We are going to debut a new group soon. The name will be Alternate Dimension, and it will have an unlimited number of members. You all are familiar with NCT? Okay.", she opened the next slide.

„We will have all members in the main group, Alternate Dimension. This group will set the main storyline, which the sub-units will continue.

We have planned four sub-units, Paradox, IC, Chain Reaction, and LIAR.

Those will focus on different parts of the main storyline or will show what it could be like in another reality. Like the subplot in a story, or the different versions of yourself in other Dimensions. Your subunits are going to be mentored by different coaches. We have planned the members, and your debut already.", she showed them a few pictures and turned the light back on.

„We are going to reveal members one after the other, with teasers and everything, in order of their sub-units. And in the end we will have the group debut.", she smiled.

It was silent for a second. Then Fengmian wrapped her arms around the girl next to her. „Chaewon, we are going to debut!", she exclaimed happily. Chaewon hugged her back „Yeah, finally!"

Sunmi was very happy for them, she remembered the moment she knew she was going to debut as if it was yesterday.

„Okay, could you all leave this room? We'll talk with each trainee personally. And after that we'll send you to your sub units to start learning your debut song!" The trainees stood up and slowly exited the room.

„Chaewon and Xijian you can stay."