𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐅𝐒

It was close to dark. Olivia and I were about to finish our first-day surfing. The waves only started coming in later in the day. We go the boards, and started paddling out. Surfing was always enjoyable. It was always relaxing.

"Come on Jay!" Olivia screamed happily, as she caught a wave.

I observed the people walking on the beach. I happened to glance at the beach house beside us and see Brandon standing at the edge of the waters.

"Hey, lil surfer," Lance said over the noise of the waves crashing, "need help to catch a wave?"

"No, I think I got it," I said, as I look back to see if a wave was coming. I caught it and surfed all the way until I wiped out. And I mean wiped out.

"Oh shit!" Brandon yelled from the shore.

"Oh shut up! I'd like to see you do better!" I shouted back. He just flashed me a smile and I continued to surf.

     It's been an hour and the sun was now setting. Olivia and Lance were sitting on their boards out in the ocean because the waves died down. I threw on an oversized hoodie over my bathing suit. I stood on the shore with my feet in the water. I was enjoying the breeze when I felt a presence behind me. They touched my shoulders and I immediately turned around and slapped them across the face.

"Oh my god," I gasped, "I'm sorry!"

"Nah, it's all good," he says holding his face, "damn you can hit! Volleyball skills coming in clutch!"

"I'm sorry I thought you would've been some creepy dude trying to kidnap me," I say apologizing again, "are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about it," he responded with a warm smile. A warm smile that made me send one back.

"Ha! Brandon got hit by a girl!" Lance shouted from out on the water.

"Dude! Shut the hell up!" Brandon responded.

After that Brandon and I talked about family and what colleges we wanted to go to. We talked forever until I looked at my phone and saw that it was one o'clock in the morning. I didn't even realize how dark it got, I was so focused on our conversation. Olivia and Lance came into shore but still sat on their boards that were where the water met the sand.

"Hey, Liv! It's one a.m," I informed her, "I'm sorry I should get to sleep, and you should too," I laughed to Brandon. We exchanged good nights throughout the four of us.

When we got into the beach house I was out like a light. The first day on the beach was a success!