The Search For Luffy Begins

When word got out to the whole world that the all-all paramecia fruit had been found, everyone seeking it got their hopes up. Fantasized about being the most powerful man or woman on the planet. Being the next pirate king. The next Whitebeard. Word spread across the whole world, and pirates and marines alike were on the edge of their seats, waiting for it to say where it was found.

The marines weren't happy with word spreading to anyone but themselves. Pirates passed it on to each other after merchants found out about it and brought the information to Paradise and then the New World. Everyone was hoping no one had eaten it yet, but if they did, then taking said devil fruit user and using them for their own benefit was the next best option.

Crews such as the the Donquixote pirates, the Big Mom pirates, Kaido, the marines, and many small crews wished to find the fruit or new user before anyone else. However, many people wanted the user dead. Someone having their own devil fruits didn't sit well with many. Crews like the Red Haired and Whitebeard pirates were not interested in finding the fruit or taking the new user for their own gain.

Whitebeard wasn't happy with someone having his powers, but he wasn't so upset that he'd do anything about it. His crew was strong enough as it was, even if the all-all fruit would make them even more so. They were happy as they were, and wouldn't partake in the race to be the strongest.

Red Hair was just fine with no devil fruit users on his crew, so it didn't matter much to him. He was just curious about who it was who would find it and what would happen after that.

The Charlotte family immediately had their strongest set out to find the fruit or its user. None of them could eat the fruit, as they would die painfully after already eating one, but a future child could eat it and make the Big Mom pirates even more powerful and feared among the world. It would help make the captain the next pirate king, which was one of her greatest ambitions, along with having every type of creature in her territory.

Multiple people and crews under Doflamingo set out, searching for the fruit. They carefully kept this a secret so Kaido wouldn't compete with them or order them to not look, as Doflamigno was under him while making the yonko SMILES to make him more powerful. He left his stolen kingdom to search himself, waiting for any information about the location or where the fruit had been seen.

Then there were the smaller, less known crews that flocked towards the fruit as well. So, when word got out that the fruit had been eaten, many felt defeated. But, learning who had eaten it, the search was on again. A child ate the powerful fruit. A child so young that he would easily be manipulated to be useful to whoever ended up finding him or her.

The siblings of the poor child who had eaten the fruit panicked, but did their best to keep their baby brother safe, even if they didn't like what would happen

-x-

"Hello?" a gruff voice answered on the snail.

"Gramps, it's Ace and Sabo," Ace said seriously. His tone of voice was clear to Garp. That something serious had happened.

"Where's Luffy?"

"He's with Makino in the other room. The call is about him, though," Sabo replied. "Luffy has eaten a stolen devil fruit. We don't know where he got it, but he started showing its powers."

-x-

It had been a stupid mistake that the boys hadn't been watching Luffy for just a second. Ace and Sabo had been trouble makers in town before Luffy came, when they stopped going into town too much because one, they had Luffy to take care of and sometimes that wasn't a one man job, and two, they didn't want anything negative they did lead anyone to follow them and endanger Luffy.