A Nice Place To Live?

Katakuri spent most of the rest of the day equipping his house for the boy, as that was where he was going to be staying. He sighed, irritated he'd now have to wear his scarf at home as well. It would scare the tiny child to see his mouth. At least anytime soon, that is. He had subordinates and siblings with nothing to do help him move the correct sized furniture into his house, into the room that had previously been a small library.

He left hardened mochi step stools strategically around the house so the boy could reach light switches and the bathroom counter. Katakuri was very glad he was potty trained, since Pudding told him that was utter relief. He didn't need the added task to potty train him along with training him and continuing the brainwashing.

He would also need to teach him to read and write, but not for a few years at least. Though he wasn't really looking forward to the long task, he wasn't going to perform it poorly. Clothes were bought after he called Pudding and asked her to do measurements on him. She was looking forward to getting rid of the kid that had been her responsibility for a few weeks.

Once the house was equipped and toddler proofed, so he didn't slam his fingers in the doorways that he would be allowed to enter through, Katakuri called Brulee to take him to Cocoa Island instead of having to sail there.

-x-

A knock on the front door of Pudding's homemade Luffy jump and rip his drawing, which upset him but he didn't show it. Pudding hurried to the door with a big smile on her face, and Luffy wondered what made her so happy. He stood up and walked to the side of the couch to peek over the edge at who was at the door.

It was a very large man Luffy was convinced would step on him, but now that he was made of gooey stuff and rubber, hopefully it wouldn't hurt him. Plus, he would just come back to life! That was the most reassuring power he knew he had so far. Though he didn't want to die and have to use it.

The man couldn't fit into the house, and Luffy heard his name said by the man, and recognized the voice from the den den mushi the other day. Kata-something. One of his big brothers. Really big brother.

His dark eyes looked to Luffy, who was barely visible over the arm of the couch. He looked at him in slight surprise, like he didn't expect something about Luffy. Luffy was a bit nervous about being near this man, but Pudding had praised him for being a really good big brother.

"Luffy, you're going home with Katakuri. He's going to be taking care of you and training you in your fruit now," Pudding explained, and handed Luffy his trash-bear and basically pushed him out of her house. Luffy stumbled out, and the door was closed quickly behind him. His lower lip wobbled slightly, but he didn't want to upset Kata by crying.

Katakuri crouched down and introduced himself. "I know you don't remember me, but we'll rebuild the relationship again and it will be like it used to." Luffy nodded, and was picked up, making him look down in fear as he was lifted higher and higher until he was dropped into a chest pocket. It was a big shirt, Luffy thought. That he could fit in one of the pockets.

"Wh... when do I remeet everyone else?" Luffy asked quietly. It really was a big change from the previous Luffy Katakuri had briefly met.

"Whenever you feel ready," the man replied. Luffy smiled, liking this man much more than Pudding, even if he was scarier looking. Then he asked when he started his training. "Soon. I have a plan for it. I will help teach you the most useful fruits first. Silly and useless ones will be near the end and the hardest will be the last to attempt," Katakuri explained.

"Ok. I used some of them," Luffy mentioned. "I made sticky goo, and soaps, and made more arms out of my two arms."

"Pudding told me about you sleeping in mochi form. That is my power," Katakuri said offhandedly. He wasn't bothered by sharing his power. It was for the family that Luffy become strong.