What To Do With Luffy

"Mama, we got him easily," Katakuri said to Big Mom's personalized den den mushi. "He just walked into the mirror with Brulee without a second thought. It took less than an hour for Pudding to wipe his memory."

"Ma- mama! What is he like? This Luffy," the snail asked. Katakuri could picture Mama leaning forward in her chair while asking the question. There really wasn't much to go on on how Luffy would be after the memory wipe. Especially after one so intense and thorough. So, he honestly answered that it was too soon to tell for him.

"Pudding is the one who is taking care of him until we all get back to have a real discussion on what to do. How to do this. The easy part, I think, is over. We did run into one of Doflamingo's ships, but sunk it. I hope that doesn't make you angry, Mama," Katakuri said in his bland voice, though he was sincere about not wanting to have upset Big Mom.

"I'm not mad. Doflamingo doesn't care about his subordinate crews, it won't matter to him. What matters is that we got the kid first, and we won't be letting this chance slip through our fingers," Big Mom said. Katakuri heard what he assumed was her shoving a piece of cake into her mouth. "This should keep things interesting," she added.

"Honestly, having someone so young eat it is the best part of it all. Yes, we will have to take care of a child that is not one of our own, but he's so easily moldable now, especially after the memory wipe," Katakuri replied, bringing the snail into his room since it was late, and he was getting ready for bed. Despite what some people thought, Katakuri did sleep on his back, he didn't sleep in a chair.

"You sound interested..." Big Mom said, sounding more curious than suspicious. She was in a good mood today. After all, they'd beaten Kaido, Doflamingo, the marines and every other small crew by getting to Luffy first.

"I am interested in what will happen in the future. I wonder if he will develop different moves than our own family has," Katakuri voiced truthfully. "You are right. This should make things interesting."

The call was hung up and Katakuri put the snail back in its case and went to bed, wishing they could just beam back to Totto Land, and not have to fight off marines coming after them for killing their members and taking the very valuable, liable treasure that was the young child. Katakuri wondered if he had any other family besides Garp. Well, even if anyone came looking for him, his memories of his old life were not in his reach.

Even if he came across a real family member in person, he shouldn't be able to recognize them in any way. It was absolute brainwash, and it was very convenient. They had never done it to someone so young, who also had the potential of using the very ability that was used against him, so he was even more curious about the outcome of this mission.

-x-

Luffy spent the next couple of days following Pudding around reluctantly, trying to remember anything about himself or his life. He did his best to hide whatever powers unintentionally happened because he didn't want to get in trouble with the only person he felt he had ever met. Even if he had lots of family, like Pudding said, he didn't feel like he did.

But, the boy did his very best to try and keep his focus on other things. One mainly being to hide what he could do in public. He was shown around Pudding's home island, being carried most of the time because Pudding was impatient with his tiny legs. Many people looked at the duo strangely, since they had never seen this little boy and no child with Pudding.

Luffy didn't seem to notice this, which Pudding was glad of. She didn't want him asking any questions that might be too revealing. Like why no one seemed to know who he was despite being told he was part of a well-known and important family. Pudding told him about the Charlottes as if they were royalty, not including the fact that they were actually pirates.