011

CHAPTER ELEVEN

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

lydia and nicholas had gone with the paramedics to the hospital in his car, lydia leaving hers for selene to use. the girl sat in the boys changing rooms with isaac and scott as the sheriff was finishing his phone call. the girl had been forced to cover her eyes by the older men in the room so she sat with her back to the boys and one of scott's hoodies over her face.

"i've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with jackson. i've got an apb out on stiles. his jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." the sheriff started as he tried to think of reasons "the hell i don't know what that means" he said defeated.

"maybe he just got overwhelmed" selene suggested as her back was still turned before the sheriff pointed at her with a raised eyebrow and scott patted her shoulder for her to turn around.

"um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any one of you see him--" the sheriff started before isaac stopped him gently.

"we'll call you" the boy said as he shut his locker leaning against it.

"yeah... i'll see you, okay?" the man said nodding before walking out of the room towards the hospital.

selene groaned out before leaning back on the bench she sat on as she closed her eyes and placed scott's hoodie back on her eyes tuning out the conversation scott was having with coach before she heard lockers close and the door shut.

"is that everyone?" scott asked causing selene to sit up and look around now seeing the changing room empty except the three of them.

"i think so.." isaac started before scott ripped the door of stiles' locker.

"you're gonna find him by scent?" isaac asked as scott began pulling objects out.

"you both are, i think" she laughed as scott handed the boy a shoe and he held a shirt.

"but how come you get a shirt, and i get a shoe?" isaac asked annoyed as he smiled slightly hearing the small giggle the girl on the bench let out.

scott moved the shirt he held to isaac's chest as he turned sensing another presence in the room, selene stood up as she saw derek "we need to talk" he said before another man showed up behind him. selene and isaac having no idea who he was.

"all of us" the man spoke before he smirked in selene's direction as scott's whole body language changed.

"holy shit" he breathed out as he kept his eyes focused on the man, selene becoming even more confused than before. "what the hell is this?" scott asked as he moved forward.