Prologue

He ran

He ran.

There was no ending to the constricting hallway he seemed to be trapped in. The door he passed by at the beginning, would repeat constantly with every ten meters he would move forward.

was he even moving forward at this point? 

He had  been repeatedly moved in every direction in hopes of losing the person following after him, with the fear that if he was close enough with him, he would lose it and lash out once he opened his eyes once again.

His efforts were paying off, as the more he ran the visible the exit appeared. He was finally about to be freed. His white surroundings were diminishing just like his hope. With his hand fully outstretched reaching out towards the darkness - a perfect contrast to the light that he was always surrounded by - his fingertips danced along the darkness. Closing his eyes savorating the feeling of the coldness and bitterness was something that he always cherished dearly, he made sure to grasp every single emotion that came with the welsmoning darkness, as the shadows were singing their malicious lullaby as a welcomed.

before he was able to be fully consumed, a burning hand grasped his white button-up blouse making him screamed in agony.

why was the light so cruel? why didn't it let him go? why did it want him captive for so many years?

this questions were always answered by a simple explication,

Nate Park had made a deal with the radiance of the Soul.

Nate always woke up without a dream to share, but always a sort of soreness in his body, as if he had ran the whole night running away from someone. He would wake up with the feeling of emptiness, but with the instinct of dashing a smile that would cover it up long enough for others to believe -and sometimes even himself- that everything was alright.

Nobody, not even himself, really knew of Nate's constant game of tag with the light.

the loud sounds of his rigton echoed through the four empty white walls that let the sunlight reflect on them making it seemed as a heaven of pureness.  His long delicate hands reached besides him, Nate didn't even bother to check the contact name as he deeply knew who would be calling him.

After all there are only about ten numbers actually saved on his phone, and every person had their own schedule in which they ever bother to call him.

He didn't even say anything before the voice of a man, that he knew far too well spoke

"You assistance has been required."

"What for?" his voice was just like an old lullaby -sweet to the ear and mind but creepy to the third eye.

"a hopefully successful draft for the Avengers Initiative"

----

Eve wanted to escape the darkness.

She didn't want to live in the whole of darkness, where the shadows would constantly mock her for things out of her control. She didn't want to hear them not now not ever. She just wanted a taste of the pure bliss that the lightness could only provide her.

She just wanted to escape the ongoing nightmare.

Putting her hands on her ears used to silence her inner voice for most of her childhood, but the older she grew the more she learned to just live with the repeated phrases of

Life is hard so deal with it

Your soulmate will likely be as fucked up as you are

why can't you be like your brother more?

of course, you had to turn out like your worthless mother

for God sakes she was only seventeen when her parents 'divorced', and even younger when her poor excused of sperm donor sold her to a pedophile. She was only five when her life turned into a living hell.

And no one ever asked her if she was okay. Nobody bother and Nobody care. 

And it was fine.

it meant less people to have to care about. Less people that will hurt you. Less people that will make sure that by the time you have an ounce of happiness, they are able to rip into shreds while you watch not knowing if that was the last time you will know the feeling of calmness.

Everything was fine, sure it was very tiring dealing with the constant shadows that only knew how to be cruel but it was worth it if it meant that in the other life she was at peace.

Eve knew that once she joined her step-fathers secret boy band, she was in for constant agony besides people that might not even care if she died or not.

But it was fine, because after all

when was it never fine?

Author Notes: And we are back and better than ever!!!!