VIII

I'm sorry I left you guys on such a bad note. On the brightside! I have drifted back into the Fandom so I can update and have the story planned out.... and maybe a sequel depending on what you guys want at the end.

So here we go! This one is going to twist the heartstrings, though! So be warned.

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up to the sun on his face. He was wrapped up in a blanket in a quest room at the Sins' house.

He sat up and looked around. Did I sleep over? I don't rem-

Then, it hit him. Memories from the night before flashed through his mind, weighing down his shoulders. He pulled the blanket tighter around himself, his eyes trained on the sheets.

"Injured again little bunny?"

No. Shut up.

"The bunny get hurt?"

I... I can't...

"No can do little brother.It's nothing we can't handle."

I can't do this.

"Why hello, Tsuna."

Please, be quiet. Leave me alone.

"You're still my brother, reputation or not."

No...

"No matter what, you are my little brother and I'm proud to be your big brother."

Please stop...

"Remember, Tsuna. You are my brother,  my family. No matter what I will be here for you."

"Was I... a good... brother...?"

"SHUT UP!" Tsuna yells into the empty room before he realizes what he did and he wraps the blanket tighter around himself. Eyes remained trained on the bad as the door opens.

A hand lands in his hair, a weight causing the bed to dip beside him. From the corner of his eye, he can see Reborn staring at the wall across from them.

"What happened?"

Reborn doesn't even pretend not to know what he means. "Enemy forces infiltrated the castle mere minutes after you left. They had timed it to where there would be less servants and guards to help out thanks to a crossing of shifts. Sources say that Ricardo led them. They infiltrated the ground floor, your brother and his right and left staying upstairs with Ricardo. The sheer numbers overwhelmed the sun, cloud, mist, and lightning. The rain and storm were caught off guard by the sudden ambush of Ricardo. Your brother was the last to fall, the battle lasting until moments before the guard reported.

"Currently, your grandfather is taking over affairs as king and arranging a funeral for the council. The funeral will be tomorrow and it would be a closed funeral do to the circumstances of their death. Your grandfather is having a hard time deciding what to do with your cousin. His actions were treason and, as such, he should not be buried with your ancestors, but he needs to be buried somewhere.

"The peach garden," the whisper came.

"Hmm?" Reborn turned his gaze toward the brunet.

"Ricardo loved the peach garden. He always said that the flowers were the best part and that spring would always make the experience near-magical." The words were cold, unemotional.

Worry twists itself into Reborn's gut. Tsuna was repressing his emotions. "You know it's okay to be angry. He hurt you, too."

"I know."

He settles back into his staring contest with the wall. "Would you like to eat here or downstairs?"

"I'm not hungry."

"I know. I didn't ask that."

"I don't want to eat."

"Mammon is making this without asking anything in return. Don't take the food and you might end up owing them something anyway."

"Okay."

"So downstairs or here?"

"Here."

"Okay."

The man slowly got up and left the brunet, the door clicking behind him.

Another whisper. "Okay..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most times it's raining at funerals. Every book and movie would tell you that. But it wasn't at the Council's.

The dry dirt and leaves crunched under his feet. He was carrying an orange rose, the King's favorite. He stares at the coffin as the official (was he a priest?) gave a speech.

He vaguely felt angry at the man's words. That man did not know the Council, the King. The characteristics he talked about could not be farther from the truth.

"A confident man" was not the king that questioned himself and others but eventually came to a conclusion after his right hand pulled him out of his mental breakdown.

"A merciless enemy" was not the man that gave mercy to anyone who fell on his doorstep, enemy or friend.

"A good brother" was not the brother who left him alone broke hispromisewhydidyouleavewhywhyw-

The King deserved a speech from someone who knew him but he couldn't. He could not speak about the man so soon after...

His grandfather sat beside him, hand on the small of his back. He also neglected to give a speech about the King.

He watched as the men lowered the coffin into the ground and as he was nudged to the front. He picked up a handful of dirt and tossed it on the coffin with his rose. He repeated this for all seven  that left him, that left him behind, that he hateshateshatesha-

He stepped back beside his grandfather and stood at the grave. He watched the whole get filled up and felt the people leave. He did not tear his eyes away from the tombstone that had the King's name engraved in a beautiful font.

Soon, only one person remained beside him. A silent companion that watched as he took a few steps forward before falling at the grave of his brother.

"I just want you back. I want you to tell me what to do. You were the one who was meant to be king, not me." He hits the dirt. "You left me. You owe me for breaking that promise so come back so I can forgive you.

"I don't want the crown. I just want you. I'd give it all away." He picks his head up to see the stone, tears finally coming to his eyes. "I just want you back."

That dam broke within him and soon he was sobbing on his brother's, his last family, his beloved protector's, grave.

Reborn comes up beside him and kneels down. Seeing him in arms length he turns and sobs into the man's suit. This happens for a while until he has cried himself into exhaustion. Reborn picks him up and carries him again.

A whisper. "Family doesn't leave..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry... again.
This is going to be sad for another chapter or so. Tsuna has lost one of the most important people in his life, and that was not including the rest of the Council that died.
On that note, I did purposefully make it to where Tsuna was distancing himself from them by using terms like "the Council" and "the King." He just did not want to deal with the emotions so avoided it. In the end, they're always unavoidable.

Anyways!
Hope you enjoyed!
See ya later!