| CHAPTER 4 |

“Hey! Noah, Mary, I was wondering, maybe you would like to come to my party tonight? I’m hosting it because it’s the end of our midterm exams. I’ll be really excited if you both will join, and we can get to know each other better” Jessica announced during PE.

"Thank you so much for this invitation but apparently, we won't be able to come as we are really busy with all the shifting work. You see we have moved here from a different town, " Mary explained while jogging.

It was a cloudy day. The sun was not visible and the atmosphere was very humid. Everyone was sweating except Mary, Noah and Lucas.

"Please try to join. It will be really great if you will come, " Jessica insisted.

"It's ok if they don't wanna come. Don't force them, " Shirly whispered in Jessica's ear.

"Alright we will come but we will leave before midnight, " Mary agreed.

"Yeahhh!" Lucas yelled with excitement.

"Ow ow!” Out of nowhere a voice echoed, forcing everyone’s heads to whip around only to see Percy trip down while jogging and his knee started to bleed very heavily, not to mention, very uncontrollably.

"Oh my God! Percy! It's bleeding so much. We have to take you to the clinic, " Shirley said, worriedly.

As soon as Noah turned his face towards Percy's wound, his canine teeth converted into long, sharp fangs and his eyes turned from reddish brown to a bloody red. Looking at Percy’s wound with a thirst that overtime became almost impossible to control.

Shirly's eyes fell over Noah and she gasped. Percy also looked at him and he too was taken aback.

Immediately, Mary came in front of Noah, as if trying to hide him behind her so that no one will see him and said "yes it will be good if you take him to the clinic instantly or else the injury will catch an infection."

Shirley and Lucas helped Percy to stand, Percy then flung his arms over both their shoulders and they slowly began to walk towards the clinic.

"Shirly, did you notice it too?" Percy asked her when they were out of the hearing range of the other.

Shirley nodded, terrified.

"Notice what?" Lucas asked them.

"Nothing. I was just asking about the strange weather. It is like raining in summers, " Percy lied.

"Yes, I also saw that. I wonder if it is because of global warming, " Lucas said thoughtfully.

Back in the jogging track, Mary said "What do you think you were doing? What if someone saw you? I know that you are new in all this but you have to learn to control or I'll not be able to allow you to come to school unless you learn to handle all this, " Mary warned Noah when Jessica was away to drink water.

"I am learning. And don't you act like you are my sister? We are just acting, " Noah said, irritatedly.

"But I have the responsibility since I was there when you were converted. And you can't change this fact, " Mary said.

Noah didn't say any word after that as Jessica had come back. And at that moment, the bell rang

"So see you guys at my party tonight. I'll text you my address, " Jessica said, as she headed to the changing room.

____________________________________________

Noah was lucky this time but Shirly and Percy had seen what happened. Will they know about Noah and Mary's secret? And what did Mary mean by not being Noah's sister? Read to know more.

Hell people! Hope you like this chapter. Do vote and comment. It won't hurt you. Thank you!

 Thank you!