|CHAPTER 11|

Noah and Mary headed to Jessica’s house at 11:30 as discussed, only to see she was already waiting outside for their arrival.

It was a very cold and windy night. The leaves were rustling and the moon was shining brightly.

"Why are you standing here?" Noah asked.

"Because my whole body burns and also I am unable to sleep, " She replied.

"Ok. It will be fine. Vampires don't sleep and the burning will be over in some hours," Mary replied as a matter of fact.

"What? They don't sleep?" Jessica exclaimed.

"Yup. And we don't even eat anything except drinking blood, " Noah snickered, enjoying her responses.

Jessica's mouth dropped. She was not expecting all these things.

"Ok. So first we will go to Lucas's house today, " Mary said as she began to run towards the woods so that no one can see them. Noah and Jessica followed.

"Why there?" Jessica questioned.

"You will see, " Mary replied not paying attention.

Soon, they reached Lucas's house but to their astonishment, he just came outside the house and when he saw them, he smirked.

"So, you are finally here for me?" Lucas smiled.

"What do you mean, " Mary asked.

"Don't play dumb. I know that you both are vampires and today you converted Jessica too."

"But how did you know?" Mary asked, surprised.

"Oh please. I too am a vampire and you know this."

"What? We didn't know this! And if you were a vampire, then why we were unable to smell you?" Mary yelled.

"It's because I am a vegetarian. And I think non-vegetarians like you can't smell us, " he replied.

"But, who converted you?" Noah asked.

"When I visited my uncle in the south, he converted me..."

"Seriously? We are from there itself!" Noah exclaimed.

"I know. And I even know that you are here for a reason."

Mary and Noah stared Lucas shocked. He knew so much about both of them.

"Um yes... But we can't tell you that right now. And besides, it's almost midnight. We have to feed" Mary changed the topic.

"Have you even asked Jessica whether she wanted to be a vegetarian or not?" Lucas questioned.

"How can I be a vegetarian if I have to drink blood?" Jessica asked.

"Vegetarian vampires are those who don't drink human blood and instead drink animals blood without killing them. This won't harm the animals much, " Lucas explained.

"Ohh... I'll be vegetarian then, " Jessica replied after thinking.

 "Wait! You can’t do that!” Mary shouted after hearing the conversation between Jessica and Lucas, she definitely didn’t approve.

"Mary, it's Jessica's choice and if she decided to be vegetarian then you can't change anything, " saying this, Lucas took Jessica's hand and walked towards the woods.

"Wait!" Mary tried calling after them but they didn't turn again and went inside the forest.

"We have to do something about this Lucas or he won't allow us to achieve our target, " Mary mumbled angrily.