|CHAPTER 17|

Lucas explained everything to the police officer.

When Shirley asked, "how will we kill them?"

"We have to stab them in their hart with a wooden dagger." He explained.

"And where will we exactly find them, " the officer asked.

"We have to make them. That's why I was asking for more people's help." Lucas said.
"We should not delay it. We barely have much time. Let's get going."

"Shall I ask for more officers to help?" The officer asked.

"I can't lose any more time to explain all this to anyone, " Lucas said, irritated.

"Ok let's go."

"So first, we will go towards the north side of the town and collect the normal people. Then, we will make some dagger and I'll tell you some things to remember. And since we have a police officer with us, people will believe us." Lucas said as they went towards the car.

Lucas and Shirley sat in Lucas's car while the officer followed in this jeep.

They soon reached the north side of the town. It was exactly like the other side except for the forest which was not here.

Lucas smelled the normal people while the officer explained to the people whatever is happening here. Many people were afraid to join such a dangerous mission. But the others joined happily.

When Lucas told everyone his real identity, the people were really a little scared but they had faith in him so they agreed to work with him.

"I want to save my town no matter what happens, " one lady said confidently.

Soon they had almost fifty people with them. They mostly were adults except for a few teenagers who insisted to join.

They all settled down in one of the biggest houses of their members. Lucas began to explain the people all the traits and weakness of vampires. They all were really cooperative.

"If you tie garlic around your neck then the vampires will not come near you as garlic hurts vampires and they feel a burning sensation," Lucas explained. "They are also scared of sliver. It also burns their skin."

"It means that you will also have to stay away from here, " Shirley exclaimed.

"Yes, but it will be fine. They won't hurt me since I am already a vampire." Lucas said.
"You all have to learn basic self-defence like kicking and punching for extra safety. I'll teach you."

The whole day was spent in all the preparations. Lucas, Shirley and the officer stayed in that house because Lucas was sure that the vampires will try to attack them tonight to weaken them.

 Lucas, Shirley and the officer stayed in that house because Lucas was sure that the vampires will try to attack them tonight to weaken them