20 Days

20 days

I was tracing the stars Lisa and I installed on the ceiling as my mind wandered to different places and memories. We put it there since she's so fascinated with  stars and celestial bodies. I suggested that we could buy that thing that produces light like stars when plugged in but she faced me with her puppy eyes look and said "mai mee tang ka, Jennie."

I had to roll my eyes at that. She's listed as one of the richest kpop idols in our generation yet she likes to fool people by saying she's broke. However, upon recalling her true intention, I agreed because first, it was reasonable and second, because she's Lisa. I couldn't resist her whims and childishness because that's what makes her her.

I smiled at the memory but I was reminded of my current situation that it soon turned into a frown.

Dropping my hands, I roamed my eyes in the room and fixed my gaze on her. I exhaled loudly through my nose and whined.

"That wouldn't affect me." She said while fixing her bangs. She gave me a side glance and smiled.

I whimpered and pouted. "But why?"

"Jennie," she said, her eyes almost narrowing at me.

"I promise I'll behave." I said while using my right hand to cross my heart. "Please, just let me go with you."

She slowly walked towards me, her eyes calculating. "We've talked about this."

"I know." I sighed dejectedly. I know that I'm being childish about it. But who could blame me? I want to spend more time with her.

"It's settled, then."

"But-"

"But what?" She asked. Her eyebrows raised, urging me to argue.

I held her hands, smiling sheepishly I asked once again. "Can I come?"

I rubbed circles on her palm, making her sigh contentedly. Please, please let me go with you.

When I was almost sure she was about to agree, she pulled her hands from mine and sat beside me.

"No, stay here and rest. Catch up with your favorite series or sleep."

I pouted. My hair's a mess after she ruffled it. "But I want to come."

"I know, but we talked about this right? You agreed, right?"

"But..."

I had to look away. I couldn't look straight into her eyes and see how beautiful it was up close. My heart wouldn't be able to take it. I nodded solemnly, my heart wrenching from the sudden thought.

20 days.

Seeing that I have finally listened to her, she smiled contentedly and gave me a pat on the head.

"It'll be fast, I promise." She said while pulling me to my feet. When we reached the living room, Chaeng and Jisoo were already there, just waiting for Lisa to come out.

I sulked while saying goodbye. Chaeng gave me an apologetic smile while Jisoo slightly punched my arm.

"Let her go, Jennie." She said, her humor was evident. I knew that but I froze in my spot, my face losing all its color. I felt my heart doubled its pace and Jisoo was suddenly infront of me, holding my arm.

"Hey, you okay?"

"I- I'm fine." I croaked while looking up, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"You don't seem-"

"I'm fine, Jisoo!" I said more forcefully than I intended.

Seeing my glare, she backed away from me. Her eyes were alarmed from the sudden outburst. After a few seconds of calming herself, she just pursed her lips and nodded.