Chapter 1

⬻〚In Which the Boy  Meets the Girl〛⤖

.. -. / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / - .... . / -... --- -.-- / -- . . - ... / - .... . / --. .. .-. .-..

⁎⁎⁎

Coral James's father pulled into the run-down apartment complex with a very angry and disappointed  Coral next to him. She slowly got out of the car looking up at the tall building in front of her.  I was the last few weeks of summer and she wasn't looking forward to it. And she really didn't want to deal with school but she had too. She really wanted to pursue her dreams of being an author so she had to finish school and go to college.

♕Coral's Pov♕

                      I stepped out of the car seeing the old building in front of me

                      I stepped out of the car seeing the old building in front of me. I looked old and disgusting and anything but home. I grabbed my navy blue backpack and trecked up the stairs. My father had told me we were in apartment 19 on the second floor. I took the spare key and used it to enter the room. I stepped in and turned on the light. The apartment was small. To the left was a small kitchen and right when you walked in there was a small living room. Off to the right of the kitchen, there was a dining room with a redwood table and four chairs. Past the kitchen was a small hallway with three doors. The first was a small room on the left side of the hallway. It had a nice desk and dresser with a queen-sized bed in the middle. The next door was on the right side of the hallway. It was a full bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower. The last door was another bedroom. It had a big dark wood desk in the corner next to a small three and a half foot tall bookshelf. Off to the side, there was a twin-sized bed with gray sheets and a yellow comforter. Above the desk was a big window overlooking the town. I sighed and set my backpack on the bed and sat at the desk. The town was nothing special. It had shops and restaurants nothing surprising.

I went back to the car to help get some of the boxes we had packed. A lot of them were on a moving truck that was going to meet us in a few days. I walked to our car and grabbed my box of clothes and jewelry.  As I was walking I passed a boy. He was taller than me by a few inches and he had light brown hair. His brown eyes met mine in a brief moment of contact. I started walking faster hoping he wouldn't try and talk to me. 

"Hey!" I slowly turned around not really wanted to make conversation.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"I'm Daniel. What's your name?" He asked.

"Coral. Coral James."

"Cool. You new here?"

"Yeah, apartment 19 on the second story," I replied looking at my beat down yellow converse.

"Oh! Cool! I'm in apartment 20. And I'm new too. Just moved from Jersy."

"Cool. I'm from Wyoming." I replied shakily. I wasn't used to talking that much to people. I was shaking nervously. I didn't like conversation that much.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around?"

"Yeah." I choked out turning away on my heel and quickly walking away. I walked up the stairs and into my room setting the box down. I went back to the car to get all the decorations for my room. I had posters, paintings, plants, and all kinds of other things. My favorite decoration was my sunflowers. Ever since I could remember I adored sunflowers. They remained me of my mother. We had to move because she died and we couldn't keep our house. Our house in Wyoming was two stories with three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. We had it all. My mother and I always kept a garden full of many different kinds of flowers. We would spend hours outside just working and talking. I loved my mother more than anything. But one day when I came home from school I found police officers talking to my father. Out of all the things I got out of the things they told me I got one word; Murdered. I broke down crying when they found her dead. We had no clue who had done it and why and we still don't know. I was shy before my mother died but after it was much worse. I barely talked to anyone. Just my father and occasionally others at school. I found my love for reading and I couldn't stop. My favorite author is S.E Hinton. She wrote my favorite book; The Outsiders. A story of broken people in a broken world with nothing but a little grease and an unbreakable friendship. I had seen the movie twice and I hated it. I'd much rather read the book. 

As I brought the decoration box to my room I could see Daniel leaning over the rail in front of my apartment door. I kept my head down as I shyly steeped back into the new place I would call home. 

                                                                          ♔Daniel's Pov♔

                                                                 (Ok what a hottie. I can't get over him <3)

Coral was an interesting person. When I talked to her earlier she started shaking as if she was scared. I ended the conversation as fast as I could and walked back to my apartment. I stood over the railing looking over the hell-hole I now had to call home. I want to go back to Jersy. I miss my friends. It was my second week here when Coral arrived. She was pretty. She long brown hair covered parts of her face when she looked down hiding it from the world. She was skinny with very light skin. She had dark brown eyes that could easily stare into your soul if they tried. 

I wanted to get to know her. She seemed like someone who needed to be solved like a complicated puzzle. I did feel bad for her though. Whenever there is a new girl at school the Cobra Kai's pounce on them.  I was brought out of my thoughts when she started walking up the stairs with another box and swiftly and quickly going into her apartment. I sighed know it was going to be hard to get through to her. I walked back into my apartment hitting my bed and falling asleep.

Make sure to wash your hands!