Part 2

It's been three weeks since I was brought into the protection program. Ronan has found an Australian family from Australia to live with. I'm afraid of what type of people they are. Apparently they have two daughters, one that's six and another that is eight. I suppose that i'm happy that they found a capable family for me so soon, but that means that I need to have my appearance changed so soon. I am extremely afraid of this.

_______________________________________________

Beads of sweat are dripping down my neck as I prepare for my operation.

My skin starts to prickle as I begin to think about needles jabbing into my skin... "Are you alright?" Ronan's voice broke into my thoughts. I nodded, feeling more numb than I ever have before. I felt his arms wrap around my body, the scent of peppermint filled my nostrils as my body started to relax. "May I?" a lady in a white coat asked, my eyes darted to the needle in her hand. Instantly, I felt my blood pump through my veins, and my stomach do a thousand flips. "It's okay Kitah, I'll be there the whole time." Rohnan reassured me. I nodded and pursed my lips as the lady prodded the object into my arm. I squeezed Rohnan's hand the whole time. Not long after I blanked out.

When I woke up, my whole body ached. Thirst ripped through my throat as I reached for the glass of water beside my bed. I drank it in almost one gulp. A man with black hair and blue eyes walked over to where I was sitting. "who are you?" I inquired, feeling as if I had already met this person before. "My name doesn't matter love." He sighed, he looked sad, so I hugged him. "Did the memory transfer work?"  a female voice said from behind me, I felt the man nod against my head. "Do you want to go seed your Mummy and Daddy?" The man asked me, I nodded. I can't remember having parents before... 

Excitement made its way through my body as I was led into a room with a woman with short  dark red hair and tanned skin, along with a kid smile; the type that made you want to smile even if you were falling apart. And a tall man in Army clothes, who had even shorter dirty blonde hair and a nice smile. I looked up at the man that had black hair "are these my mummy and daddy? As soon as he nodded, I ran and hugged them. It took for ever for them to go through all the papers, but Mummy let me sit on her lap while she told me a story. So the waiting wasn't so bad. 

____________________

It was about a days drive from wherever we were. Throughout the drive, my mummy was showing me what my two sisters Amy and Robyn looked like. I couldn't stop smiling. When we got home, I discovered that there was a cat called Tee Tee and a dog called Nutty. Tee Tee was black and white with long fur, and Nutty was a brown Minnie foxy cross Jack Russel. I adored the pets. I shared my room with Amy she had brown curly hair, she was six. Robyn had blonde hair and was eight years old. 

SIX YEARS LATER

My parents just told Robyn, Amy and myself that they are getting a divorce. I can still feel my stomach drop like a stone. Dad wasn't crying, Mum looked heart broken though. Warm tears silently fall down my cheeks as I attempt to process the situation, I don't want them to 'stop seeing each other.' I hugged my mother, all us girls did, while dad just sat there watching us cry... Nana and pop came over with Pizza and Ice-cream to help us feel better. Although it was a kind thought, it didn't really help. Mum sent us girls to bed, I don't think any of us got a good sleep that night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please tell me what you think so far? And I will eventually get to a more interesting part, these few chapters are to introduce the scenario and characters.