Chapter 1

Let me introduce myself. My name is Cassie Holmes and I'm a freshman at West Morris Central High School. I live in a town called Long Valley, NJ. I have dark chocolate brown hair with subtle highlights and green eyes.

Right now I'm wearing black sweatpants that have the name of my high school down the side and a long sleeve gray T-shirt from Hollister. My eyelashes have some mascara on them and my face is pretty much bare. I have some freckles on my face around my nose but that's all.

As of now I'm baking chocolate chip cookies over my next door neighbors house and we are having a pretty good time. My neighbors are the same age as me. They are actually twin boys. Their names are Ethan and Grayson Dolan.

"Can you guys please get up and help me?!" I begged both of them after I put the eggs into the mix.

Grayson was just leaning against the counter on his phone and Ethan kept dancing to the music that he was playing on the speaker that went throughout the house. After Grayson heard what I said he came and wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

"Oh sureeeee Casssieeeee," he joked and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "kiss the chef."

"Grayson get off of me," I laughed.

"No," Grayson said as he leaned his chin on my shoulder.

"Grayson please," I asked, "I'm just trying to bake some cookies."

Ethan spotted us and then came over and wrapped his arms around Grayson's waist from the back making a 'sandwich' with Grayson in the middle.

"ETHAN GET OFF," Grayson yelled.

"Nah I'm good," Ethan smirked.

"Ha Grayson try telling yourself to get off," I laughed.

"Ethan needs to let go first!" Grayson shouted frustratedly.

Ethan spoke up in a baby voice, "but I love you guys."

"Alright let's try this. Ethan you go get the water and Grayson you go get a pan," I explained.

Finally they both let go and went to do what I told them.

"How much water?" Ethan asked.

"Three quarters," I answered.

Ethan got the water and poured it into the bowl. I mixed up the dough until it was thick. Grayson and Ethan both helped to put the dough into little balls on the pan. After all of the dough was on the pan we put it in the oven.

"Yes thank you," I said, "finally we got something done."

"What are you talking about?!" Ethan said, "we get a lot of things done."

"Sure," I said sarcastically.

"So what do you guys wanna do while we wait?" Grayson asked as he sat on the countertop.

"Let's just chill," I said.

"Chill?" Ethan asked.

"Chill," I repeated and Ethan burst into laughter.

"What's wrong with chilling?" I asked.

He kept laughing, "No one says chill or chilling anymore."

"Yes they do Ethan. You obviously don't know things," I explained.

I heard singing coming from Grayson so I looked over and he was jamming to the song. It was 'Outside' by Ellie Goulding. I took my phone out and added it to my snapchat story. He sounded so funny.

A couple minutes after we just hung out around the house the cookies were done. I took them out of the oven and we all ate them. After that it was time for me to walk back over to my house.

"See ya guys tomorrow!" I said.

"Alright bye," Ethan waved.

"Bye babe!!" Grayson screamed as I ran across the yard to my front door.

I laughed and shouted back, "bye!"