Chapter 6

It was now Wednesday and we had a half day today at school. It was lunch time and we were currently all sitting down at our usual lunch table. We were joking around like we always did. Today after school we were leaving for Baltimore. The Dolans had a meet and greet with Under Armour at some high school there. I was going with them since I was currently staying at their house. There was only one and a half more hours left in school and I couldn't wait to leave. This day has been going by so slow. We already packed all our clothes last night and I was more than ready to go. It was going to be so much fun. I mean who wouldn't be excited? A road trip with the Dolans is so much fun.

"Casssssssssssssiieeee," I heard Ethan say my name and wave his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry," I laughed, "I was zoning out."

"It's okay," He laughed, "we were just talking about this weekend and were going to ask you if you were excited."

"Oh! Well yes, I am. I've never been to any of your events so I'm excited to see what it's like," I said.

"It's gonna be fun," Grayson smiled.

I nodded in agreement and the bell rang. We all got up and walked to our next class.

The last three periods went by quickly and next thing you know we were walking home. Grayson and Ethan were so excited. You could tell because they were insanely happy.

"Moooommmm! We're home!" Ethan shouted as we walked into their house.

"Great! Ready?" She asked once we got into the kitchen.

"Yup," we all nodded.

We packed all of our bags into the trunk of the car and then hopped in. Ethan sat in the front of the car with Grayson and I sat in the back. We were ready for the four hour drive ahead of us to Baltimore. It was going to be long.

For the first half of the ride all we did was blast music and sing. It was pretty fun. Towards the second half we were getting pretty tired as it was getting later so we just listened to our own music on our phones or did our own thing. Grayson was doing some editing on his laptop, Ethan was sleeping, and I was just one my phone.

I just stared at Grayson and admired him. There was always something between us but I don't know what. Ethan and I never had a connection like Grayson and I did. Ethan and I were close, best friends in fact, but we were never as close as Grayson and I were. I don't really know.

It may have been an unspoken love but that just felt weird. We never said anything to each other about liking each other, we were just close. It was a lot different than having a thing. We were just extremely close with each other. He understood me and I understood him. I guess I kind of liked him if you would put it in that terms. I don't know if he felt the same way. We were friends our whole life so that would be an odd change if we started to date. I don't know what it would be like.

As my thoughts kept drifting, I guess I fell asleep because next thing I know I was woken up by Grayson.

"We're here," He told me.

"Finally," I sighed and then laughed.

He laughed with me saying, "I know right."

We both got out of the car meeting up with Ethan and Mrs. Dolan by the trunk. We all got our bags and made our way into the hotel. The twins and I sat down in the lobby while Mrs. Dolan checked us in.

"Jake's here," Ethan announced.

"Seriously?" Grayson said as his face lit up with excitement.

"Yeah hopefully our rooms near him," Ethan said.

Jake, as in Jake Paul, was like their second brother. I've never met him before but I have heard so many stories about him. They truly thought of Jake as family like they did with me. I was so excited to meet him.

"Alright guys we are on floor 19, room 1912," Mrs. Dolan told us.

"Sweet! Jake's on 19 too!" Ethan shouted.

"What room? After we drop our bags in the room lets go see him," Grayson suggested.

We rode the elevator up to the 19th floor and got to our room. Mrs. Dolan slid the key in and out and then opened the door. The room was pretty big. It had two beds and a couch which I'm assuming was a pull out couch.

Grayson and Ethan dropped their bags on the bed and started to run out of the room. Before they left, Ethan stopped and turned around motioning me to come. I followed after them and we went to room 1924. Grayson knocked on the door.

The door opened and there stood Jake. They all screamed and hugged each other.

Such girls, I laughed in my head.

"And who must this be?" Jake asked.

"This is Cassie!" Grayson smiled and introduced me, "Our best friend and neighbor."

"Shut up Gray, I know who she is," Jake joked and pushed his shoulder playfully, "you only talk about her a little bit."

"Stop," Grayson said sternly and looked back and forth from me to him.

What could that be about? Ethan awkwardly changed the subject and we went into Jakes room. I sat down on one of the beds while Ethan flopped down on the other one.

"So... what don't I know about you?" Jake asked sitting on the floor in front of me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed.

"Nothing he's being annoying," Grayson answered for him.

I looked up at Grayson who was leaning against the wall and he looked kind of nervous. I gave him a questioning look and he just shook his head.

The rest of the night we just joked around. It was a pretty fun night. Jake was actually really funny. I could see why the twins liked him so much.