Chapter 4

He excused himself to take a shower, while (Y/N) munched away her onigiris. She did leave some for Sakusa, and she kept away the things she was studying a while ago. Once Sakusa finished taking a bath, he saw how (Y/N) was cleaning up and she noticed his presence.

"Oh, I left you some onigiris, maybe you still haven't eaten yet, Omi-kun." She already transferred the onigiris to a small plate, she really thinks ahead.

(Y/N) took a good look on Sakusa. His hair is still wet, she wouldn't lie if she said that it really fits him well. It gave her an idea.

"Omi-kun, let me dry your hair." She smiles, making the black haired man face the ghost. Before he replies, she continues.

"Well, I am a ghost afterall. I am nothing but a cold wind. C'mon trust me." She smiles. Sakusa was still hesitant, but he remembered the book that he read, How to Treat Your Soulmate 101. He doesn't have a choice but to trust her, like his teammates in volleyball, in order to get to know her.

"Alright." He said, before the ghost did it she reassured him that there won't be germs. With the snap of her finger, she floats and then quickly spins around his head. His wavy hair is dried like how it looks and feels, the ghost smiles in victory.

"Well, what do you think of my ghost technique?" She asks, Sakusa shakes his head with a small smile on his face and pats her head.

"It's good. Thank you." He sits down on the couch and silently eats his onigiris.

"Ghost, do you even sleep?" Sakusa suddenly asks as he takes a bite.

"I do sleep, but I don't actually need it." She plops down beside him, taking a pile of his books and reading them.

"You like reading a lot, I think you might read all of my books in one night stand." He points out, making the ghost blush.

"You think so? That's what I have been doing my whole life and I really like to learn a lot no matter what genre it is." She replies and skims into one book, declaring that she already finished reading it and Sakusa is definitely not convinced.

"The author didn't do well with the ending though, it sounds so forced for some reason. The beginning was confusing. He didn't give enough details to each character, so I couldn't imagine the story." She sighs and snaps her fingers, proceeding to the next book. He was rather impressed with his ghost soulmate. After a while, (Y/N) did get tired of reading. She asked him if he wanted to do something together. In the end, they decided to get to know each other through talking.

They talked a lot, afterall getting to know each other is the next stage of developing a relationship with your soulmate according to Sakusa. He learned that she can still do humanly things like eating and sleeping, but she doesn't need it. He also learned that this ghost wants some fun and entertainment, but she likes reading the most. He also took note of his laptop, because she might borrow it someday. (Y/N) happens to learn about Sakusa as well, he has a great passion for playing volleyball and he has plenty of rivals as well. He hates germs, but sometimes he gives in if he hasn't showered yet. She took note of his likes and dislikes, and his limitations when (Y/N) is being a tease to him.

"Oh, I want to watch you play in a real match then, and meet your rivals. They sound really strong." (Y/N) said with her eyes twinkling. Sakusa pats her head and reveals a small smile.

"They're strong, but I'm also strong so I won't fall back." He said with his face showing great admiration, making (Y/N) stare at him with awe.

"Ghost, how did you die? If that's okay to ask." Sakusa asks again, making his ghost soulmate frozen. Her face dropped. Suddenly, he felt her trembling and clenching his shirt. Is that what he thinks she feels? He senses fear over her. He felt instant regret for asking that, it may have opened up some old wounds. Sakusa placed his hand on her back, a pang of guilt hitting him. (Y/N) took his hand and shook her head with a small smile.

"I'm sorry. Even if you did tell me about yourself, I couldn't open up my past. I really wanted to tell you, but I'm not ready yet. Until then, please be patient with me, I promise you that one day I'll tell you everything about myself." She said with a small smile on her face.

She's always like that, she doesn't want anyone to make her feel like a burden. Sakusa felt something wrong with her words, with all the exploding emotions he felt, he took the initiative to hug (Y/N) for the first time. It sure did surprise (Y/N), but inside her heart she feels the joy and nostalgia of being taken care of again. She gently hugs him back. It might be her imagination, but she felt warmth inside her ghost body.

"Okay, I'll wait for that day, (Y/N)." She closes her eyes, enjoying the silence and Sakusa's company.

Her heart was both happy and sad. She is happy because Sakusa called her finally by her name, and sad because she couldn't even tell him about her tragic past.

Maybe one day, (Y/N) thought. He will have to know one day.