Chapter 25

I'm sure there's not much longer before I reach this book's end. Just about ten more chapters to go.
______________________________________

        Of all the things he could have done in that moment, (y/n)'s actual decision had been the weirdest one. Instead of outright attacking or even preparing to defend, he had covered Elsword's eyes as if he were a child. "Someone take him far away from here," (y/n) spoke as Elsword reached up to pull his hand away. For some reason, (y/n) felt that Elsword did not need to see his sister the way she was now. He was already shaken by his own recent death. This would only damage his resolve.

        "Wait, no. Let me go! That's Elesis!" Elsword protested as Ciel held him back. "No. That isn't really her..." Chung muttered as he stood next to (y/n) to help him fight. The Hamel guardian had fought her once before and knew of her brutality. This was not the Elesis they were accustomed to. "We'll meet up at the chieftain's place. Edel should know what to do," Aisha announced before dashing off to lead the group of their team that took it upon themselves to help with evacuation.

        The inn was still sinking down into the earth, cracking and melting into the now exposed lava. It was dangerous to stay nearby, but (y/n)'s instinct told him that Elesis could not be allowed to pass them. "Are you keeping me from my brother? Do you wish for your blood to decorate this place?" Elesis spoke to Chung. She ignored the rest of them that had decided to stay behind to fight. Ain, Raven, Rena, Chung, and himself were all that remained. Zhu had taken Rose and her yellow tin can, which had yet to turn back on, along with everyone else.

        "Elesis, you need to calm down. Tell us what happened," Rena said. Chung put an arm out in front of the elf to stop her from stepping forward. "Don't. She'll kill you without hesitation. If I hadn't been there with Aisha, she'd be dead right now. We were lucky to escape," Chung said as he stared ahead with caution. He seemed ready to harm Elesis if necessary, but (y/n) could still sense his hesitancy.

        Elesis gave a maniacal laugh at Chung's warning. "So you really think you can stop me after nearly dying? How bold of you Chung. You've never really been the type to rush in without thinking. Such a shame that you'll die this time," she said. Her aura seemed to be growing and even threatened to drown out (y/n)'s own deadly aura. He couldn't help but think that perhaps she could be dangerous enough to defeat all of them.

        (Y/n)'s power had restored as far as his aura and healing, but he wasn't sure how good his reflexes were and couldn't garuntee the safety of his comrades. The ground beneath them trembled from the aftermath of the still sinking inn. "Elesis, what are you after?" he asked, choosing to stand his ground. If he could get her to talk rather than attack, he could buy time for the others. Elesis tilted her head at his inquiry.

         "What I want? All I want is to see the blood of my enemies as I rid them from this world. Right now, you are all in my way and wasting my time. The sooner I deal with Elsword, the sooner I can go after Scar," Elesis answered. (Y/n) was relieved that she took the time to talk, but it alarmed him to find out that Elsword was her target. "Why are you after Elsword? He's your brother," Raven asked. (Y/n) hadn't expected him to speak, so his voice startled him a little.

        "The goddess Ishmael chose me as the next lady of El before I was shown the true way. She revealed to me that Elsword has a high affinity with the El. If I do not protect him, he will die. You are all keeping him from me, so you must all pay with your lives," Elesis spoke as she lifted her blood stained sword. Raven and Chung were ready to fight, but Rena and Ain stayed idle.

        "Wait, Elesis. Ishmael did not reveal this to you in order for you to kill your own friends. That evil around you is not from the goddess Ishmael," Ain spoke. He seemed rather bothered by the fact that his own personal goddess was involved. (Y/n) didn't know much about Ain, but he did know that he and Ishmael were close. The inn was nearly fully submerged in lava now and it began to slowly spread onto the untouched ground near them. (Y/n) did his best to ignore it knowing that any sudden movements could trigger Elesis to attack.

        "You are right. This power...I recieved it from the dark El when I chased after Scar. It told me of a sure way to victory, and I will do whatever I can to achieve that victory. Now enough talk. Move out of my way, or die," Elesis said. Just as she finished speaking, Ykuei appeared within the group and scared them half to death. "We're leaving. Ignia says that she can't stop the volcano for very long. We need to go to Scar right now and rescue the earth priestess. Ignia told us that she could help stop the volcano from exploding if we do," Ykuei said.

        He seemed fully aware if Elesis' presence, yet he didn't seem to care that her sword was now pointed at him. "You too Elesis. The explosion will kill your brother if you don't stop it. It should be your main priority," (y/n) said. He saw the opportunity to change her target to a common enemy and didn't hesitate to take advantage of it. Elesis stared at him with narrowed eyes.

        "You're very cunning, fox. Luck would have it that you are correct...this time," Elesis spoke before turning around and dashing off towards the volcano. As her aura left with her, (y/n) realized that he had been shaking under the pressure of such an evil presence. It wasn't from fear. That much he was sure of. "It is your attibute of light. Your mother and Vapor gave it to you when you were barely even a child. Light and dark do not mix. You'll need to stop Elesis after this is over," Illipia explained.

        "(Y/n), let's go. The others need your help too," Chung sooke as he out a hand on his shoulder to bring (y/n) back to reality. He hadn't realized that he had gotten lost in thought. Ain, Rena, and Raven were already heading to meet up with the rest of the team. "I'm going to stay her in town. I'll look after the innkeeper until you all return. It's too risky for me to go with you," Ykuei spoke. "What did Dyrad say this time. Anyone going to die?" (y/n) asked him. Ykuei tilted his head at him.

        "I told you that she can't predict that," he answered, but that wasn't the answer (y/n) was looking for. "Before I went to the Temple of Fire a second time, you told me that somone would die if I didn't make a choice. You predicted what might happen and mentioned Dryad. You knew whether I would die or not. How?" (y/n) said. Ykuei sighed. "Later. I'll tell you later. You have nothing to worry about for now. No one should die so long as you go with them," he said before disappearing before any other questions could be asked.

        "That guy has way more secrets than you. That's kind of unsettling," Chung spoke before he headed off as well. "Unsettling indeed. Especially considering the fact that Dryad has not given me any information despite my many questions. Ykuei can be trusted, that much I'm sure of, but he is hiding something important," Illipia said. It was obvious, but there were other things to worry about. Lanox was already hot as it was. (Y/n) didn't want it to get ant worse than the heat he was used to, so that volcano needed to be stopped.
______________________________________

Ykuei is quite a mysterious character now. I wonder what else he hasn't been telling everyone. Until next time you outstanding readers!