Chapter 4: A Friend From The Past

Author's Note

The beginning of this chapter starts when you and your friends were looking for Lambo. This is the day when Tsuna and his friends first met the Varia, The Vongola's Family Assassination Squad. Enjoy~

Your POV

'Lambo....just where did you go?' I was panting hard from all the running. "Help us!" said a screaming voice. 'It's Fuuta's voice!' Ryohei, Yamamoto, and Gokudera saved Lambo from the Varia men. "Are you okay?" I said to the 3 kids. "I was scared." said Fuuta while hugging me tightly. "It's okay now."

Just then, the 'Varia' appeared. The white-haired man called Squalo started shouting and it's starting to get on my nerves. He keeps shouting so I shouted back to him, "Shut up, you old man!" They all went silent when a familiar voice broke out. "Get out of the way!" I looked to see a familiar black-haired man. 'Could it really be him?!'

"Xanxus." Reborn said. 'It's really him!' "Xanxus.....is that really you?! What are you doing here?" I said. "Who are you, trash?" he replied coldly. "It's hard to believe it's you, Xanxus. You used to be a sweet boy, ya know?" All of them including the Varia jaw dropped. "(y/n)-chan, do you know him?" asked Yamamoto. "Yeah, we're childhood friends."

"You're (y/n)?! Hahaha~ I didn't expect to see you side with those trash. You're just a puny girl back then so get out of the way and come here if you don't want to get hurt." "Sorry, but I can't side with you this time Xanxus." Then, Iemitsu suddenly appeared carrying a letter from the Ninth. He explained that there will be a fight between Tsuna's Family with the Varia.

"(y/n), when I win, I'll take you back with me." said Xanxus. I remembered that he ever had a crush on me. He was my best friend back in the past and he was a cute and stubborn boy. Who ever thought that he could turn out as hot as that? His words made my face heat up. Then, the Varia walked away, following Xanxus.

"Did he have a crush on you, (y/n)?" Reborn said with a poker face. "N-no! H-he's just a childhood friend, okay? Nothing more!" I said turning my face away. "Then, why is your face bright red?" Reborn replied. 'Damn! I hate it when he acts like he could read my mind like that!' "I-it's not red! Hmph!"

Yamamoto's POV

'Wow, she's something else, huh? Even the Varia boss had a crush on her. Eventhough she's denying it, her face shows that it's a yes. Wait. Why am I feeling down? Am I jealous? No, no, no! That can't be! I mean, I'm just surprised that Xanxus is her childhood friend! Keep your head together!' I pinched my own cheeks to get my mind out of it.

"Yamamoto-kun, what's wrong? Why are you pinching yourself?" said (y/n)-chan. "I-it's nothing, really!" "You mean it?" "O-of course!" She kept staring at me for a while and she eventually shrugged it off. Thank god she didn't suspect anything.

Your POV

"Well, I should be going then. Bye, guys!" I said. I reached home and quickly got to my room. 'Xanxus.....to think that I get to see him again after all this time.......'

~Flashback~ (Your POV)

"(y/n)-chan, the Ninth has visited us along with his son. Let's go and see them." my mother said. "Hai!" At the guest room, I saw a black-haired boy along with the Ninth. I greeted them and played with the black-haired boy in the garden.

"Nee, what's your name?" I asked curiously. "Xanxus. What's yours?" "My name's (y/n). You can call me that." "Okay!" He and I got along really well. He visited me all the time. We always helped each other. He even saved me when I almost got kidnapped, but one day he stopped coming. That was the very day I started to feel lonely and also the day I started to train.

~End of flashback~

'Well, it's no wonder that Xanxus was a Vongola Boss candidate, but to think that he would have to fight with Tsuna-kun....I don't even know who's side that I should be in. I mean, I am Tsuna's Snow Guardian, but do I really want to fight with Xanxus?.........'

RING! RING! RING! I picked up my phone and answered the call. "Hello, who is it?" "Yo, (y/n)." "X-xanxus? How did you know my number?" "I have my ways. More importantly, look out the window." "Huh? The window?" I opened my window and saw Xanxus with the rest of the Varia, standing in front of my house.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I screamed at the phone, breaking Xanxus's eardrums. "SHUT UP, TRASH!" "Oops, sorry!" I ran to the door and asked them to come in. "VOIII! So, let me get this straight. YOU'RE THE BOSS'S CRUSH?!" I literally choked on my tea.

"W-what? Where the hell did you get that idea?!" I said. "It was my idea." said a little guy with a hood. "Are you part of the Varia? You're cuteeeee!" I said as I squeezed him like a pillow. Then, he disappeared from my grasp and reappeared behind a blond-haired boy. "Oh? So you possess the Mist Flame?"

After some time, they left without Xanxus. "Xanxus, aren't you going with them?" "Later. But first, are you one of those trashes?" "They're not trash, Xanxus. They're my friends." Then, he went silent with his head facing down. "Xanxus? You okay?" Then, he suddenly pulled me into his arms.

"X-xanxus?! What are you doing?" "Isn't it obvious? I'm going to make you mine. Remember that." With that, he left with a smirk on his face. 'I'm sorry, Xanxus...........I can't lose'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~