Call me Tobias

Evelynn left the room leaving Klark and Selene alone. 

"Is this really Alaska?" Selene asked still calming herself down while staring at the window. It will be dawn in about some time. 

"Yes." Klark answered as he stood up.

He reached out a small wooden dressing table beside the bed and took out a pair of black loose racerback tank top and skinny leather jeans and placed it in the bed next to Selene. 

"I know that your world just turned upside down. A lot of complicated thoughts are probably running onto your head right now. But we need to go to Port Hill Cemetery at dawn. Before sunrise." He said and tapped the bed before turning around leaving Selene by herself. 

"Klark..." Selene called as Klark opened up the door.

"Why...does it seem like you're always there whenever danger tries to chase me?" 

"It's my family's job to keep you alive." He said and went out. 

She had no other choice but to keep on moving forward. So many questions unanswered. Too many mysteries unsolved. Her mother's immortality is the only thing uncovered. But...why now?

Selene observed how her body feels and carefully gets off the bed. She changed into the clothes that Klark handed her. Her hair was jammed at her back as the tank top falls down in her upper body. She gently pulled her hair upwards and as she brush it into her fingers, she noticed that it was on a different color. 

She looked into her hands and meticulously inspect the changes in her body. She immediately went towards the mirror. As her fingers touched the cloth that covers it, she gulped and felt extremely nervous. As the cloth slowly falls down, her body shakes and her chest throbs as the mirror shows her the reflection of someone she never saw before.

Her body looked so different. The sweet and delicate image she always had was gone. She looked bloodless in her pale porcelain complexion. Her black hair turned ash gray way from the bottom half. Her cognac shaded brown eyes turned scarlet with golden shades around it. Her rosy cheeks were gone. The reflection that the mirror shows is just like her mom's. 

She curl her hands into fist and breathed so heavily that it hurts her chest as if someone's pinching it. She opened her palm and gently touches her face with her unsteady hands. As it runs through her face, her wonders started to turn into answers.

The scene when she was 5 entered her mind when she got into an accident where a motorcycle rider ran into her as she crossed the street chasing the ball she threw. She was dragged by the cycle for like a meter or two. Her aunt took care of things and said she was diagnosed to have congenital analgesia. She thought it was weird not to feel pain. But then when she was a little older, she understands how she feels pain but it quickly goes away as she has an extremely abnormal ability to healing wounds easily. She thought that maybe also because of this condition, she was also unable to sweat. Selene doesn't want to cause any trouble to anyone who may not understand this, that is why she never let anyone know about this but Cassie found out. 

When she was twelve, she pretended to be asleep when Leeyah entered her room and said things like...

"Sleeping was never easy for us. Enjoy it while it last."

"Could you face the truth?"

"Would I be able to tell you?"

"I love you." 

Her voice seemed so real that it made Selene look into the door of the room she's currently staying at.

Pieces of memories are showing up into her head. Moments when she felt extraordinary. Including the scene where she's bewildered of Klark's presence when she senses danger.