Her End is My Beginning

Two nineteen-year old girls are arguing about an escapade only Selene agreed upon.

"Last? This is the 99th time you asked me for such a favor saying this will be the 'last'." Cassie protested.

Selene is already dressed up wearing a black laced top, faux leather shorts, and a long camel military trench coat. She always looked so alluring even when wearing something simple. Maybe it is because of her medium length black hair, her cognac shaded brown eyes, long curly lashes and soft lips that provides her mesmerizing smile, or maybe it is just because everything about her goes perfectly well together.

"I know...but I promise..." Selene said trying her best to pursue Cassie to cover her up and convince her aunt to let her be in the trip that their friend, Ethan, arranged.

This type of argument of theirs always happens whenever Selene is convincing Cassie to lie to her aunt about her real plans. Leeyah, Selene's aunt and only remaining family, also trust her when it comes to these things. Cassie and Selene have been friends for years. Between the two of them, Cassie always looked more amiable and she tends to blend in any environment better than her friend.

 "Aunt Leeyah's gonna kill us if..."

"If she ever finds out." Selene cut whatever it is that Cassie's about to say.

"Look Ethan's gonna be there." she insisted, shrugging her shoulders, as she knows that Cassie would have change her mind if she finds out that the guy she's really into is going to be with them.

"Yes. In fact, his cousin Nathan said he couldn't make it so we'll be staying in Ethan's place." said Selene still trying to convince Cassie.

"Oh...kay...Who else is gonna be there? If Nathan can't make it...I'm sure Veronica's out of it too, they're like a buy 1 take 1 product for all I know." Cassie debated. Nathan and Veronica have been together for 2 years and since then, they are inseparable. That is why when one of them says no to a plan, they are certain that the other could not come too.

Their original plan was to stay in Nathan's place in Cocodrie, one of Louisiana's most remote villages, but since he could not make it, Ethan took responsibility and volunteered to be the host as his family also owns a house near Nathan's. 

"Actually...it would be just...Ethan, You, Klark and I." Selene had a hard time telling the truth.

"Klark? For all I know...Klark is the only reason you would want to go to such trip. Come on Selene. What's so special about him? Yah..he's hot. But he's such an outcast." Cassie argued. She still doesn't understand why Selene, for the first time in her life gained such interest to some guy in their school.

"Ok...since I think I can't pursue you using just Ethan's name anymore, I would better spill the tea." Selene hesitated.

She closed the door in their room and sat down beside her friend trying to keep her voice as low as she can.

"Okay? So now you're creeping me out." Cassie tried to keep a good distance.

"Remember when I told you that some thugs followed me last weekend?" Selene asked.

"Uhuh. Wait...are you sure about it now? The first time you told me that, it was something like 'you "think" some thugs followed you'. Why do you sound like you're certain about it now?" Cassie confirmed as the first time Selene told her about that incident, she wasn't so sure if someone really followed her.

Last Saturday, when Selene decided to get some snacks in the late night, as she walks in the dark road, she felt like some guys are following her.

 "I'm still not a hundred percent sure, but I think I saw them again earlier. The thing is, every time I think they're following me, Klark would just show up out of nowhere and the bad guys just disappear." Selene said.