chap 6

“ we beg of you Donna have mercy on us and come let us wash you up .he will get impatient” her maids begged . They have actually been begging since morning but she still stayed rooted to her bed she would die there and be buried there but she wouldn't move .

“ I said no! .I am not washing myself up  not today not ever !” she replied deviance in her voice as she turned her face away . She could tell her maids we're on the brink of losing patience she silently scoffed .serves them right for thinking they can connive with their Lord against her.“ please Donna” they begged again.

The door opened and an elegant woman stepped in . Regina suddenly forgot how to breathe . It felt like breathing was a serious crime in her presence .she displayed class, wealth and elegance .

she was elderly but wasn't a person anyone could mess with . Her aura alone displayed dominance and that alone  made Donna Regina to cower in absolute.fear. after examining the condition of the room the woman's eyes finally rested on her and smiled . warm and genuine smile .

“ hail to the queen mother. ” the maids said and bowed with relief painted broadly across their faces .

“ she hasn't been washed yet ? ” the queen mother asked . She was the king's mother .

“ she refuses queen mother ” her maids explained.the queen smiled broadly “ vermol has gotten himself trouble. Prepare the bath .I will wash her up myself” .

Regina was shocked the queen was ready to wash the body of a mere slave . Her mistress would never step down to such a level .

With the wave of her hands the maids scrambled to obey her “ come my sweet   ! I want to wash you .” the queen mother said like a mother trying to bribe a child using sweet .

“ you ...d want to wash me .? ” Regina asked just to clarify . To make sure she knew what she wanted to do. The queen mother smiled and said“ you can't stay here all day my sweet . And yes I want to wash you . I am your mother-in-law after all ”

“ yes” Regina said and got up .the queen mother unclipped a few clips she used to clip her clothe at the back and the clothes went tumbling to a pool at her feet .

She felt comfortable until the queen mother exclaimed “ nie. Who did this to you my sweet.  ”  Regina was confused did what ? Until she noticed where the queen mother's eyes centered on .her scars .

Her scars were horrible and displeasing to the eyes of any beholder . They were a mixture of dark long whip or blade marks all over her body.  A reminder of what she was . A slave .

An evidence of her nine years of suffering . She had gotten her first scar when she mistakenly spilled tea on one of the mistresses friend . The Mistress threw a knife that had luckily pierced across her chest .and ever since then she became an item to be bounced on, beaten , punched by her master and his many friends .

So yes her scars were ugly . They were not irritating because she took care of them . She was ashamed to always have a bathe when her fellow mates were bathing because of her horrible looking scars .

But as the years passed she looked at her scars like trophies . Trophies she got after winning battles . Trophies for her strength and bravery. Trophies to show that she wasn't a weak person 

So yes her scars may be scary but she felt proud of them . She tried covering up her body from the queen mother but she failed because she couldn't cover the scars . They were every where . On her shoulder , chest ,neck  arm , back , everywhere.

“ Annarose ! ” the queen mother called and her blonde haired maid came rushing in . When she took in her Donnas appearance her eyes widened in shock . Her Donnas body lacked the grace and elegance of a lady born to nobility or royalty . Sure the Donna was gifted in all the right places that would catch the masters fancy but ....those scars .

In all her years of working as a maid to the royal household Annarose has never seen scars like that . They were dark and scary and told stories of different torments the Donna must have gone through.  The king was a mystery man but he has never raised his hands to those working under him . When they make a mistake he corrects them by not paying thier fees.but never .. never has the sire hit them .

For the first time Annarose pitied her Donna and hated herself for thinking her Donna to be spoilt lady looking for means to get into the sires pant.

“ call the beautician . Prepare a healing bath for her . Rose and marigold petals should be put into the water . Dismiss the rest of the maids . I don't want any one else to ever take care of her apart from you . ” the queen mother said pacing about . 

She suddenly stopped and came to her daughter In-law , lifted Regina's chin to meet her gaze. Her strong , piercing gaze . “ mention the person that did this to you.? ” she asked . Regina's heart skipped a beat.

Should she ? “ master nicoli ...he did this to me .” she said . When she looked at the queen mother she almost flinched anger , hatred , irritation.

“ nicoli...nicoli sano . That scawny human that was nothing before my son had mercy on him .! Nicoli sano from riverine village? She asked and Regina nodded. A wicked smile tugged on the queen mother's lip. “ very well then . Annarose send a maid to go to the sire and tell him this as a request from his mother . Tell him to honor me by destroying nicoli sano and all his household . Tell him that I want nicoli sanos disgusting heart at my feet by sunrise tommorow . I don't want any survivors that bears the sano name. He is paying for laying hands to the Donna of this kingdom!.” the queen mother said furiously and waved her hand aggressively .

Regina made a mental note not to be in the queen mother's wrong book for she has shown she can be as aggressive as she can be sweet.

When the Donna noticed fear in her daughter in laws eyes she sighed and quickly calmed herself .“ I am a mother my sweet  as a mother I have the right to react that way. But I am also a queen as a queen I have to be strong and sometimes harsh and put my emotions out of the way to protect my family . That's what I have been doing and when you get married to vermol you will take over that responsibility. "

Marriage? She was to marry the sire . Until now she thought it was a joke .

The queen mother led her to the elegant bath filled with aromatic scented water and rose with marigold petals. The room was dim and only lit with candle lights  the queen mother led her into the water . It was warm and inviting .it caressed her . Comforted her . The queen mother took   water and poured it over her hair Regina shivered. A slave was not used to all this privileges. But she loved it .

Slowly the queen mother washed through her hair lovingly , then shaved her up and proceeded to wash her body . “ my son doesn't understand love! ” she said
Regina's eyes flew open .

“ please help me to fix him . He broke along the way and I don't know how to fix him back to what he used to be.” the queen mother said with folded hands .

What should she say .? No ? Sorry? What ? Agreeing will be a promise and Regina doesn't like breaking promises a promise broken is a sin .but at that moment the queen mother that carried fire in her eyes a moment ago stood before her as nothing more than a helpless mother . How could she refuse.

“ yesterday night when he gazed at your sleeping form and smiled I was so happy . please as mother I am begging don't break him more than he is broken . ” the queen continued tears streaming casually down her face and landed on Regina's shoulder . Regina gazed at her. Pity breaking her heart . She really loved her son just like mother loved her .

“ Regina Mia Donna .please will you take care of my son . Will you give him what he needs without question ? Will you fulfill a mothers request ? ” the queen mother asked taking her hands and placing it on her head .at that gesture Regina knew that whatever she promised cannot be undone .  What ever she said was placed under an oath and only the queen mother herself could free her from that oath .

Sighing Regina thought what was the use of refusing . If she left she would only end up as a slave again so she answered “ yes I will queen mother. "

“ yes I will do as you have said with all my heart.”

Poor Regina she doesn't know what she oathed herself to . She is  bound to him for life . Will she fulfill her oath and give him what he wanted? Or will she turn her back when she finds out what vermol actually wanted ?

What does king vermol want ? Come my sweet . Let's find out.