chap 14

Taking turns after turns and stairs after stairs Regina felt like she would die from exhaustion. The palace was a too big .

She would die from over walking. “Mia reĝino. Ni bezonas rapidi.plene marŝu pli rapide. We will soon be there”annarose urged. " Ne, mi ne plu povas marŝi ”regina spoke back in her mother tongue. Ever since she ran away from home she had stopped speaking her language so it would not give away her identity. But now hearing some one apart from her mother speak to her makes her happy.

“ finally Mia Donna. Your husband is eager . ” Annarose said nudging her towards a man patiently sitting and having  conversations with his mother. From the way the queen mother smiled it appeared the conversation was all too funny.

She cautiously walked towards them careful not to step on her dress if she did then heavens will never forgive her. " mia edzo" she called . A name she thought of not too long ago. He was her husband after all. Even if she loved him not.

Annarose had told her to think of an endearing name that would make people believe that they consummated their wedding night. So that people would not get too suspicious of them . Whether she liked it or not living in the palace and being married to a king is a better option than living all your life in the brothel house serving strange men and live off the little they gave. She didn't want to go back to the brothel house with nothing. If she did she won't survive it because her master and his mistress would never allow her live. So she knew ...she knew she had to endure it. She would pretend to be madly in love with the king and even bear him children in exchange for comfort. She would sacrifice everything not to suffer again

“ Mia edzo”  was a name her mother used to call her father before he died. It was a name that made her father do anything her mother asked . She hoped it would have the same effect on king Vermol.

He reached out his hand to her smiling. “Mastro de mia koro ” he called so lovingly that made Regina question whether he truly meant it. He called her “the owner of his heart ” his eyes focused on her as if she was the centre of every thing alive. His eyes ...his eyes were trying to beg for something Regina could not give ...love.

Her heart has been destroyed and in its place stood an instrument of selfishness. She was selfish. She was raised in a place where you had to be selfish to survive. A place where love does not matter and mercy holds no value . She was raised with a  tainted heart.

A heart that has been tainted by injustices the world threw at her and unfortunately she couldn't love . She turned her face away from him . “  you look stunning . ” he complimented until his eyes landed on where Annarose wanted them  to land ...her chest . She pulled the dress to cover a little bit more from him .he smiled and his eyes went back to her face. With his hands he made 20 guards in the room to turn Thier eyes away .

Then he took off his coat and wrapped it on her . Covering her “ no one sees you . you belong to Vermol and only Vermol. ” he said raising her head until her eyes met his “ repeat ” he said . By repeating she is placing his seal on her.  He was trying to make sure all the Lord's and nobles seated knew exactly who she was. He was placing her off limits. “ I belong to Vermol and only Vermol ” she repeated . There was no point in denying. He smiled and she turned her face away. Greeting the queen mother she took her seat beside the king.

Minutes later the priests assistant a young cute child that looked no bigger than 8 years old came to call them in . M'eldaar  wants to meet them .  They went into m' eldaars tent. What Regina met there thrilled her yet scared her . She was expecting an old man . But she was met with a red haired beauty. Young and extremely beautiful. Like she was a goddess. She must be no less than 19 summers old . “ wrong I am 55 . ” m'eldaar answered

Reginas eyes widened. How did she ... “ there are things beyond the human knowledge dear child. Beauty is deception. ” she stood and went to meet the king and his queen. “ Vermol . I thought we would  never  meet again . ” she said looking at the king with love in her eyes. Like how a mother looks at her child. “ you know this world is too small” Vermol answered. M' eldaar chuckled.

They took their seat on the floor beside the priestess . The young child stood in front of them . Speaking languages only she and the priestess knew. Then their eyes turned to her . And Regina almost screamed . M' eldaars face had turned old and wrinkled.  Her real face. The child ....no the child was no less scary and their eyes...

There was no black in Thier eyes.

“ strange ... the gods destined two Ill fated souls together. Your destinies was never meant to be entwined. You were never meant to meet.”....

What !

“ but some how .... somehow you two met against the will of the gods and the universe. ....” Reginas heart was about to burst . Thier union was never meant to be.

“ please speak clearly m'eldaar ” Vermol half screamed.

“ your paths were different ...your destinies were different .even the gods don't know how the two of you met. But now that you have be sure that they will try everything to separate you .”

The silence in the room was too thick that it could be sliced with a knife.how could.... Why would there be against them.

“ have you ever heard of a union between a tainted heart and a dark  soul .? ” m' eldaar said providing answers to her questions.

Regina unconsciously moved away form Vermol but Vermol pulled her closer to him an action that did not miss m' eldaars cold gaze. Her smile was as cold and taunting. “ if you decide to be together know that you are putting up a challenge . The universe would try to separate you at all cost . ” she ended . Her eyes were back to normal and her face as beautiful as before.

But the impact of what she said wounded Reginas heart further . The gods the same ones she worshipped all her life. They were selfish. They wanted her to continue suffering in the brothel all her life. They were selfish.

“ I would challenge them.  And I would do it all over again . I would protect her. ” Vermol said standing up and pulled her along with him.“ will you protect her all her life Vermol.  Will you protect her against the earth she stands on ? ”

“ yes ” Vermol answered that Regina thought him crazy. M' eldaars smiled . A warm smile this time . 

“ choose wisely Vermol my child . You cannot play fate . Fate is a dangerous gammer.” she said and turned to look at Regina whose whole body stood rigid.

They were challenging the gods by being together.