Ch.3-The Enemy's Assault

An assault by the enemy! Wooh, amazing don’t yah think? What do you think? I’d like to hear you out so please comment… how do you like the story so far? Am I going to continue this or not? Really, studying in a school with a special curriculum, I have to make priorities. Sorry, but I would continue updating, but not on a daily basis. So I would like to know if you want me to continue… :D

 Exhaustion, one word which is continually going in circles in my body, is trying to stop me from running. But, I know better to run even if I lose my legs than to get butchered my armored soldiers who were following us from behind. Stopping and taking a rest is not an option.

We are now possible deep in the woods with nowhere to go but forward. Screams can be heard, possibly from the camp, filling the air. The mere thought of a dream becoming a reality came to mind. Shaking it aside, pity towards the slaughtered people came to mind.

I looked to see at my friends and my brother who were also tired but still running. Sweat ran down from our faces, adrenaline and fear fueled our will to carry on running.  It would seem that I’m only overexerting my legs; numbness was taking over.  

Tyler stopped and ordered us to motion us to stop and rest. We sat around a tree attentively watching for any sign of the enemy. Tyler was the most experienced when it comes to combat; rather, he has the only experience on combat. Having a direct contact with even just one armed enemy would cost us our lives.

Minutes passed, it seems that they stopped their pursuit against us. We’re just kids; they will never gain anything if they keep their pursuit for us. If they’re really serious about getting our heads, literally, they must want something important from us. But, what could it be?

“Guys, we should get back to our parents. We should be safer with them,” Tasha said. She was obviously concerned for her mother. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also worried sick for my father. Intuition told me it’s best to stay out of their way and get away until it is safe. We’ll just be burden for the adults; though their hearts may not be at ease with thoughts about our safety.

Ugh!

Either of the choices have their own flaws which was totally mind-blowing in a sense that it blows my mind with headaches and the like. Oh the sarcasm! I love it! For each passing second, my fear began to subside. But, I can’t let my guard down; they could be lurking in the shadows watching us.

“I know this is not the time to argue; but, I think it’s best to head back to the camp but approaching our parents now would not be the best idea.” Tyler said.

“I agree. They could have been captured or worse-“I did not finish my sentence thinking it was too much to say that they’re-you know- I bet you get the picture.

“But,” Tasha protested.

“You must understand; the best choice we have is to get near the camp; but, stay out of the enemy’s eyes. Our parents and the other folks must be caught my surprise by the assaulting caravan,”

Tyler’s words seem to have brought understanding to her mind though her eyes spoke differently. It showed a mixture of sadness and fear, perhaps even anger. Realizing that the tension was high, I rubbed Tasha’s shoulder and gave her look which said calm-down-you’re-not-the-only-one-who’s-worried which calmed her down and even made her smile.

“I’m sorry. I just got a little carried away, that’s all,” she said.

“It’s all right. We’re all in this together. Come on, let’s go.” I motioned everyone to stand up and head towards the direction of the camp; But, only one small problem. Where’s the camp? O_O