Ch.4-Answers

Ugh...my head!

I woke up (not really, maybe it's between the state of dreamland and reality, I guess...) and was greeted by stiffness all over my body. Realizing I was good as mashed potatoes, I've given up hope on trying to sit up and just continued lying in a relaxed position. This bed is so comfortable and warm that I developed second thoughts sleeping forever! Wait, he did not own a bed which is this comfortable, not to mention that it smelled of fresh lavender.

Where am I?

I sat up and looked around to see myself in a vintage-inspired bedroom. The room was large! The furniture which was mostly wooden and furnished with varnish crowded the room. The atmosphere was uplifting with the scent of lavender filling the air. Following the scent, I noticed a flower pot carrying vibrant colored lavenders sitting on top of a wooden desk to my right.

I got up and exited the room and found myself in a huge hallway with (hundreds) doors. The hallway was majestic alone. The ceilings had intricate patterns of loops and twirls. The walls shined a warm yellow light which caused the hallway to sparkle. But, what intrigued me the most was a huge painting which hung on the end of the hallway.

I stood there dumbfounded with no words to describe the painting. A person, who looked like a sage with his clothing, was holding a staff which was radiating a faint red light on its tip. On the right of the man was the most horrifying creature I have ever seen. Its skin was of a snake's but the color spoke of a moonless night. Its eyes were red for sheer lust for blood. Sitting on its back was a man who was clearly commanding the creature to attack. I don't know what was with the painting that sent chills running back and forth through my spine. Realization struck me when I realized that a battle was going on: A battle between good and evil.

"Scary, isn't it," a voice made him jump.

It obviously belonged to a girl. I turned to the direction of the voice and was greeted by a familiar face.  

“Tasha!” I (accidentally) shouted. Seeing her again, after that terrifying night, made my heart jump. To my surprise, she wore the same outfit she was wearing on my dreams. Seeing her for the first time dressed like a goddess was the happiest experience. That was also the  moment I realize I’m wearing the same outfit in my dream.

 I’m in heaven…

Tasha was in an obvious state of shock which made me wonder if I looked like weird when I shouted. But, the look on her face says it all; another big step back for my dream of being her husband. *sigh*But, I thought, there’s something not Tasha-ish (get it?) about her.  That’s the moment when I realized she had a tattoo on the left side of her neck. It composed of purple vines which swirled with small leaflets; with a blooming lavender perched on top.

“Since when did you get a tattoo?” I asked meticulously while pointing at the tattoo.

Expecting an insulting comeback from her, I stood and waited. After what seemed like an eternity, she just smiled. Of course, I stood there awkwardly because of her awkward awkwardness. I guess she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Look at your arm, dummy. You have one too,” she laughed.

Indeed, there was a tattoo on my left arm; it was an eye. Strange enough, I find it awkward that mine is an eye. Her tattoo seems to have reflected her unique capabilities of controlling plant life; but, mine is Psychokinesis! It is supposed to be a big brain or something like that. Not an eye!

“Yeah, looks like it. Wait, how are Arthas and Tyler?”

“What about us?” two voices exclaimed behind us.

I looked around and saw two people who I was worried sick about.  Sure, they’re unharmed and Tyler looked, well, as if nothing dreadful happened lately. I messed with their hairs for about five seconds before giving them a hug.

“What happened,” I asked.

“Well, you guys overanalyzed the situation. I wasn’t even near the verge of death when the incident happened. Arthas’s lightning did nothing to harm us; but, it only paralyzed us. Though, our clothes were of a different story. Especially the militia, since they’re wearing metal armor.” Tyler explained the whole scenario answering my questions which was satisfactory enough for my standards.

“I see there’s a big reunion going around,” the man who rescued us said. We did not even notice him walking in the hallway because of our riot.

“My name is Brandon. Can the Council have a word with you, children?” he asked.

“Council,” we asked in unison.

“Yes, the council. They are the persons responsible for keeping peace here in the realm. They the enforce law and punish those who break it. They’re pretty much the government here.” He explained.

“Oh, why? What do they want from us,” Tasha asked.

“You wait and see. For now, I’ll lead you to their office. Stay close, everyone. The castle’s too big to get lost to.” He said and laughed.

We followed him exit a large door towards his right entering a beautiful garden. I can’t help but be amazed at such sight. Colors blended intricately as different flowers bloom showing each of their unique margins.

All of us watched in utter amazement as Tasha made a Titan Arum bloom. It’s a flower that blooms for four days every forty years! We watched as the flower slowly opened its petals until it was wide open. One thing that I know about this flower is that it reeks of rotten flesh; but, to my surprise it smelled like lavenders. Even more fragrant than lavenders, that’s for sure.

Bewildered looks grew on our faces when a soldier, obviously a messenger, whispered something to Brandon. The loom on Brandon’s face was shock, followed by understanding.

This is bad! They’re going to be in grave danger!

Huh? What was that? I swear I think I heard something.

“Children, I hate to ruin your moment; but, please follow me immediately. No more interruptions this time, okay?”

We nodded. After all, what are we going to do? Refuse? Now that would be suicidal unless we think we can take him down. Imagine, he did not even break a sweat fighting our enemies. Even though he casted a sleeping spell on me, I don’t know why my instincts tell me that he’s a good person. Sometimes, I follow my instincts rather than my reasoning. It works out well all the time.

After several minutes of walking, we paused before a VERY LARGE door. A door which probably fits about 10 elephants stacked together. There were some weird symbols engraved on it.  It looked like some sort of ancient language.

Taken by surprise, I saw the symbols shift and morph into modern day language.

What! I’m dyslexic? I only laughed at myself. It must be magic…

SORRY TO TEEL YOU THIS STORY WOULD BE ON HOLD FOR WEEKS! OR even MONTHS! REALLY SORRY! L PLOT BUNNIES DID IT AGAIN! Ugh!