Chapter 2-Epiphany

So how was the first chapter? I know I can be pretty lame sometimes, showing a dead man’s wish on the first chapter. I can’t help it. I’m still inexperienced. Anyway, I would love to hear your comments about the story so far. Negative comments are welcome as much as positive ones as long as you make it civilized enough.  Don’t want to make enemies. Grr…! Thank you, again! J

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody turned to where my brother was. Questioning looks surrounded him because of his unexpected action of screaming. I know, seeing a dead man covered in blood is terrifying; but, yelling like a girl? I wouldn’t call that manly.

It was three days after THAT night. Some campers, fearing for their lives, fled the camp. Others, like my stubborn father, stayed thinking that the man did not correctly follow strict camp rules of staying under camp premises at night. Since then, I spent most of my time indoors. My life is meaningless, but it’s precious to me. Sometimes, I think that a swellhead (an egoist) like me should never even have existed in the first place. Well, what can I say? I’m gloomy lately.

Why not take a walk outside? I told myself. I’m never spending the rest of my summer here trapped in our RV. Besides, I have to write those stupid what-did-you-do-during-you-summer essays given on the first day of school. If teachers don’t want to teach us yet, considering it’s the first day of classes, they should just leave us alone. Who am I to question their authority? Never mind, I’m always like this, you know, sulking, pouting, grumbling and fretting over things which are not even worth my time.

I spent the last three days either making myself fat by eating junk food and texting Tyra about what she’s doing. Today was different; we are going to take a stroll around the camp. It was unusual for me, though. To be outside, I mean. I really can’t understand how things would just go her way when she asks me a favor.

I guess that’s one disadvantage for having special feelings for your best friend. *sigh*. Though, I doubt she’ll even notice. She can be pretty dense sometimes. I know what you’re thinking, pretty unusual for a girl. She’s not dense about everything, only about my feelings for her. I can’t stop thinking about her since a thought came into my mind that I’ll never have the courage because she thinks of me as her big brother. What’s worse than being in the friend zone is being in the brother zone.

(Author’s Note: You should check 9gag.com sometimes. Pretty hilarious!)

“Tyra!” I called out to their RV.

“Kael!” she beamed at me.

The door creaked opened. She came out looking beautiful, even with plain clothes. I smiled casually as if didn’t care. We bought a “few” snacks while strolling around.  When I stated a few, I meant enough for us to last a week.  You see, Tyra has this swinish (pig like, don’t know if there’s such a word) appetite. I don’t actually know how she gets to stay in shape with all her chow-now-think-later attitude. Sigh, I guess that’s why we’re best friends. 

People at school, I don’t know, seem intrigued by our friendship. I can’t blame them. She’s smart, beautiful, talented, and popular while I’m just another random face in the society. The fact that they’re spreading rumors that included me only using her to gain attention and all. But, no! I’m not that desperate and low to use someone, especially my best friend, for my selfish benefit. Contrary, I hate attention. It’s kind of awkward being in the center of it.

“Tyler said he’ll be meeting up with us at the lake at around noon.” she said disrupting my train of thought.

“Oh, okay,” I replied bewilderedly.