Chapter 1

The New Guy

Rory and Delilah were walking to Luke's Diner

Rory and Delilah were walking to Luke's Diner. Rory was reading a book and almost getting hit by cars in the process

"Rory just wait until we get to Luke's to read," Delilah sighed as she snatched the book out of her hands.

"I just want to finish it" Rory complained. Delilah put the book in her backpack and they continued walking to the diner.

"Any news about that school you wanted to go to?" Delilah asked, their mom was trying to get both of them into some private school, but Delilah didn't want to go.

"That we're both going to go to," Rory corrected, "and no, not yet. The school year already started so I'll probably have to wait until next year."

They finally get to the diner and see their mom through the window. She had them when she was a teenager and she honestly doesn't look like she has kids.

"Hey mom" Delilah said sitting down

"Hey. It's freezing." Rory said

"Oh, what do you need? Hot tea, coffee?" Lorelai asked

"Lip gloss."

"Aha.," Lorelei pulls a makeup bag out of her purse," I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow."

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?"

"Yes,,," Lorelei pulls out another bag, " it has no smell but it changes colors with your mood."

"God, RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup." Rory said looking at all the bags

"Wow, you're crabby." Lorelai said

"I'm sorry. I lost my Macy Gray CD, Delilah took my book and I need caffeine." Rory said glaring at Delilah

"Ooh, I have your CD." Lorelai said as she pulls it out of her back, and Delilah gives her book back.

"Thieves" Rory jokes

"Sorry, and I will get you some coffee." Lorelai said as she got up.

As soon as she gets up some guy comes up to the table. Rory just looked down shyly and Delilah raised her eyebrow. She was definitely the tuffer twin and even though she was younger she was very over protective of her sister.

"Can we help you?" Delilah asked.

"Um...Yeah, I've never been through here before..." he started to say but their mom cut him off.

" Oh, you have, too." she said

"Oh, hi."

"Oh, hi. You really like my table, don't you?" she asked

"I was just, uh. . ." he starts to say

"Getting to know my daughters" she said as she hugged the girls