Chapter 3

Welcome To Chilton

Lorelai and Rory are sitting on the front porch at their house

Lorelai and Rory are sitting on the front porch at their house. Lorelai is painting Rory's toenails. Rory squirts some whipped cream into Delilah's mouth. Delilah's nails, both fingers and toes, were already painted red.

Lorelai says sarcastically, "That's nice."

"Thank you." Delilah said with mouthful of whip cream. Delilah was trying to give Rory some whipped cream too.

"Don't move, please." Lorelai said 

"So, why are you insisting on doing this?" Rory asked

"Well, because you're starting private school tomorrow." Lorelai replies as if it were obvious 

"Yes, but I'm going to be wearing shoes,," Rory says, " nobody's gonna see my feet." 

"They'll see your hands though," Delilah says as she poses with her ruby red nails.

"Is bright nail polish even allowed at Chilton?" Rory asked nervously.

"And skirt aren't supposed to be above the knee, but I'm breaking that rule too," Delilah shrugs

"You're going to get in trouble on your first day" Rory points out

"C'mon Rory, Delilah is a bad girl," Lorelai says," and private school girls are bad, and bad girls always wear red nail polish."

There's a lull in the conversation. Delilah wasn't nervous at all,but Rory was stressing every detail.

"Are either of you nervous?" their mom asked

"Not really" Delilah said. 

Delilah's only concern was about Rory. Rory has always been shy and Delilah didn't want those private school girls to mess with her

"Well, I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls." Rory joked

THere's a squeal coming from the yard. Delilah looks over to see Lane runs up waving a CD. Lane starts sprinting towards them

"Guys, guys!" Lane shouts, " New CD - XTC, Apple Venus Volume 2!"

"Yes,!" Delilah yelled jumping up and running inside with Lane.

"Oh, woo, nails done!" Lorelai rushes to get up and go in.

"But you only finished half my toes!" Rory shouts.

"Who cares?" asked Lorelai, " You're gonna be wearing shoes anyway!"

◉◉◉

Rory got up super early and dragged Delilah up with her. Delilah was still half asleep and wasn't able to function yet. 

"Rory it's 4:30 in the morning!" Delilah whispered yelled.

"I know I wanted to make sure both of us had enough time in the bathroom" Rory said.

Delilah decided to curl her hair and put on some lip gloss. Delilah never really wore makeup, she honestly didn't need to. Delilah put on some fish nets under her skirt. She knew Rory was going to freak out about it, but Delilah simply did not do uniforms.

Delilah made a pt of coffee and was enjoying the peace and quiet and then a scream from upstairs snapped her out of it.

"Mom! I thought you were up. It's 7:10!"

"What?"

"It's 7:10!"

"No!"