Chapter 1

The living room was quiet and spacey for 12-year-old little Fabien as he poured his milk over his bowl of cornflakes. His mom was standing in front of the giant kitchen as the smell of pancakes hovered around the air. His 1-year-old little sister Margery sat on her little high chair with pudding smeared all over her face. Quite frankly, she didn't even know how to eat yet. But her face was carefree and innocent as she grinned at her older brother. Fabien's father sat in front of the giant TV, switching channels every second as he chilled on the couch. Beside them was a large wall of glass, giving them a wide view of the large garden.

The boy smiled at the taste of his favorite cornflakes melting on his tongue as he looked over to the TV from the kitchen table. It had been a week since the family moved into this rich house and Fabien already thought it was comfortable enough to live in forever. The house was new, spacious and had a lot of modern technology in it. Like the modern robot for collecting trash.

Fabien quickly unwrapped his favorite chocolate bar and threw the paper on the floor.

"Rovi, clean it up.", he said, in a high demanding voice.

Just at this moment, as the words left his mouth, a little cylinder-shaped robot walked into the room like a tank. It had an appearance like an upside-down trash can, similar to R2-D2 from his favorite show star wars which he also wore the shirt from. A grin formed on his face as he saw the robot sliding into the room with a digital grin on the screen.

"Yes, sir.", it said with a robotic voice, giving a cartoonish smile. It opened one of his little can doors as he collected it with his tiny arms and clamp-like hands. Fabian began to smile, satisfied, as the trash was gone in an instant.

Plus, he got never tired of seeing his little Robo friend.

"There is another case of murder in Mauville, this time the same as the other. The victims were curiously drained of blood and all the organs were no longer placed in their bodies. The chief of the police department of Vilein tried to investigate the case but never could find a sign of any culprit nearby. Even the cameras got mysteriously cut off-"

Fabien widened his eyes at the words he heard from the moderator but his father switched the channels in an instant. For some reason, this was the only thing he heard in school too since he transferred here.

His father leaned back on the couch while letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Ahh for some reason this is the only thing they play on TV. Just mass hysteria.", he said, leaning against his arm in boredom.

"Mauville? This is the town right next to ours... It makes me kind of wonder what is happening there..", Fabien's Mom suddenly interrupted him, placing the fresh and thick pancakes on the table. She made a worried face as she looked over to her husband who glanced back in an instant.

"I don't think it's something to worry about. This happens everywhere in the world. It's not like this is something new.", he said, placing a mocking smirk on his face. By his relaxed body language, he didn't seem to take the situation seriously at all.

"I know. But because it's right close to our town, it does make me worry a bit. Chief Brian is investigating the case even though he's our town's inspector... What happened to the chief of Mauville?", she asked, concerned. Fabien's' father looked at his two children sitting at the table while eating their breakfast innocently. He wanted to say something but stopped after taking a long sigh. Fabien knew he was being considered about him. But the boy already knew that the chief got killed by a "tragic" accident. It had already played on the news many times.

His mother looked over to her son who looked between them with an innocent but frightened look. Margery was the only one who didn't get a single word they were saying.